Metro 5G Home Internet Reviews : Metro PCS Internet Service for Home
Metro 5G Home Internet customers receive consistent broadband speeds and see typical download speeds between 72 – 245 Mbps, which is great speed for streaming video, surfing the web, working from home and most types of online gaming.
5G Home Internet runs on the great T-Mobile network. Home Internet customers get service for just $50/month with AutoPay, and no hidden monthly fees, no annual contracts, and no data caps. One time purchase of the T-Internet Gateway (which combines the capabilities of a router and a modem) is required. It’s easy to install, just plug it in, turn it on, and you’re ready to go – streaming, zooming, and playing. During congestion, Home Internet customers may notice speeds lower than other customers due to data prioritization.
5G Home Internet for just $20/mo.
Shop in store and:
- Sign up for a Metro phone plan
- Qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
- Pay $25 for the 1st month, then $20/mo. after with AutoPay and your ACP discount
- You’ll need to purchase a modem, but it can be returned within 60 days if you’re not happy
Who is eligible for the $50 unlimited Home Internet for Metro plan?
Home Internet eligibility is determined at the household level. Household eligibility is based off network capacity, which is expanding all the time, but can also change as more customers join Home Internet. New and existing Metro customers can check availability here.
What speeds can I expect from Home Internet for Metro?
5G Home Internet customers receive consistent broadband speeds and see typical download speeds between 72 – 245 Mbps, which is great speed for streaming video, surfing the web, working from home and most types of online gaming. 25% of our customers see speeds below and 25% see speeds above this range. 5G Home Internet is delivered via 5G cellular network and speeds vary due to factors affecting cellular networks. Our speed projections are based on our analysis of internal and third-party data for eligible customers.
I am a new Metro by T-Mobile customer and would like to activate more than one device. How do I do that?
Customers whose devices have been shipped to them should activate using the activation email they received the same day their new device arrived.
If you cannot locate the email or the activation flow did not work, you can get assistance by calling Customer Care at 1-888-8metro8.
New Walmart customers can activate up to five lines through the Online Activation Tool.
There is no fee to activate when you use the Online Activation Tool.
How do I make my ongoing service payments?
- Make a payment via cash or credit/debit card at any Metro by T-Mobile Store
- Set up AutoPay using Self-Service Center
- Set up your account in My Account or on the myMetro App using the Self-Service Center, both accept credit/debit cards
- Call Customer Care at 1-888-8-metro-8 or *611 from your Metro Phone, they accept credit/ debit cards
What do I need to Activate?
- Phone and new SIM card: Have a compatible phone and new Metro by T-Mobile SIM card handy.
- Choose a rate plan: You’ll need to select a plan and pay for your first month of service to complete activation.
- E-mail address: A valid e-mail address not previously used on another Metro by T-Mobile account.
- Phone number: We can provide you with a new number or you can bring your current number. If you bring your current number and it’s from an eligible carrier (i.e., non-T-Mobile-affiliated carriers, etc.), we’ll help you set it up.