Medicare Grocery Allowance 2023 : 2023 MA Dual Plan Over-the-Counter Benefit
Your health is about more than the doctor’s office. That’s why CHPW Medicare Advantage plans give you spending power where it counts: for your groceries, medicine, and wellness products.
- 2023 Plan 2 members can spend up to $25 per month on over-the-counter (OTC) health products.
- 2023 MA Dual Plan (HMO D-SNP) members can spend up to $175 per month on OTC health products and groceries: $125 for OTC purchases and $50 for groceries.
That’s a benefit of $300/year for Plan 2 members and $2,100/year for Dual members.
We partner with to bring you these benefits. You can use your OTC Network® card just like a credit card.
Note: Over-the-Counter Benefits are included on our MA Dual Plan and Plan 2 only.
How do I use my OTC and/or Grocery benefit?
There are 3 easy ways you can use your monthly benefit: in person, over the phone, or online.
- Visit one of 6,500+ participating store locations.
- Call CHPW’s Customer Service team at 1-800-942-0247 (TTY: 711), 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., 7 days a week.
- Log into ConveyBenefits.com and place your order online 24/7. It will be delivered to your door.
What can I buy with this benefit?
You can use CHPW’s OTC benefit on many different health and wellness items. This includes:
- Nonprescription medicine: pain relievers, cough syrup, antacids
- Wellness items: sunscreen, toothpaste, vitamins
- Supplies: bandages, hand sanitizer, blood pressure monitor
The Grocery benefit is designed to help you eat more healthy foods. You can use it just like SNAP.* That means you can use this benefit to buy foods like:
- Fruits and vegetables
- Meat, poultry, and fish
- Dairy products
- Breads and cereals
*CHPW’s Grocery benefit cannot be used on soda, candy, or bakery items.
How do I activate my card?
You should get your OTC & Grocery benefit card in the mail starting in mid-December 2022.
To activate your card, call 1-888-682-2400 (TTY:711) and enter your card number and your birthday (MMDDYYYY).
Once your card is activated, you can use it like a credit card to buy eligible items. (Please select “credit” when using your card as a payment method.)
What can I buy with the allowance?
Foods you can buy include:
- Fruit and vegetables (canned, frozen, and fresh)
- Frozen meals
- Fresh salad kits
- Dairy products
- Meat and seafood
- Beans and legumes
- Pantry staples (flour, sugar, spices, etc.)
- Healthy grains (bread, cereals, pastas, etc.)
- Nutritional shakes and bars
- Water (including flavored water)
2023 MA Dual Plan Over-the-Counter Benefit
You will need your CHPW Medicare Advantage member ID card and date of birth to place your order.
- Online: InComm Healthcare
- By phone: Call Convey at 1-855-858-5937 (TTY: 771) Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. EST. (Please have your item number(s) ready when you call.)
- By mail: Complete the order form* and follow the included mailing instructions.
Once your card has been activated, you can make purchases with available funds.
*OTC order form and additional information located in the 2023 OTC Product Catalog.