LNM Institute of Information Technology LNMIIT : https://www.lnmiit.ac.in/
The LNMIIT is an institution of higher learning focused in select areas of Computing, Communication, ICT, Electronics and carefully chosen traditional engineering and sciences with an innovative blend of interdisciplinary flavor and contemporary relevance.
The Institute, in spite of being young (founded in 2002, jointly by the Government of Rajasthan and the Lakshmi & Usha Mittal Foundation in the public-private partnership mode) is considered as one of the best institutions in its chosen areas of higher learning, both in the state and the country. In addition to having been accredited by the National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC) as an ‘A’ grade institution, the LNMIIT has been ranked fairly high by many different agencies in the recent past as may be noticed elsewhere on this web-portal.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering was established in 2008. The Department is ably supported by a team of faculty members having degrees from reputed institutes and excellent research credentials.
The Department currently offers the following Undergraduate Programmes:
- B. Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering
- B. Tech. (Honours) in Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in Artificial Intelligence & Data Science
- B.Tech. – M.Tech. Integrated Dual Degree in Computer Science and Engineering
- Minor in Artificial Intelligence & Data Science for B.Tech (ECE/ ME)
The strength of each of its programmes lies in its progressive curriculum that offers flexibility to students to carefully select a set of program/other electives to earn specialized knowledge in areas of their choice. We emphasize on hands-on based learning to bridge the gap between academia and industry. Projects are encouraged to deal with real-world problems using emerging technologies. To enhance student learning, the Department regularly organizes workshops and lectures by experts from renowned institutions and organizations.
- M. Tech. in CSE
- M.S (Research) in CSE
|Programme||Minimum Total Credits||Credits Through Courses||Credits Through Research||Expected Duration||Maximum Duration|
|Ph.D students with B. Tech.||108||24-30 (1st Year) + 12-16 (2nd Year) To be decided by the DRC||72||8 Sem.||7 Years|
|Ph.D students with M. Tech.||84||12-16||72||5 Sem.||6 Years|
Research work is carried out in the following fields (including but not limited to):
- Artificial Intelligence: Intelligent Systems, Wearable computing
- Computational Sciences: Computational Geometry, Computational Neuroscience and Modeling & Simulation
- Computer Security: Cyber Security, Cryptology, Digital Forensics
- Data Science: Data Mining, Machine Learning, Pattern Recognition, Social Media Analytics
- Image/Signal Processing and Computer Vision: Medical image/signal processing, Bio-metrics, Image Retrieval
- Networks: Ad-Hoc Networks, Cloud Computing, Distributed Computing, IoT/CPS, Computer and Network Security, Software Defined Networking
- Software Engineering: Model Based Software Engineering, Software Testing
- Protocol Engineering, ITS