iPhone Voicemail Not Showing Up : Check your voicemail on iPhone
In the Phone app , Visual Voicemail (available from select carriers) shows a list of your messages. You can choose which ones to play and delete without listening to all of them. A badge on the Voicemail icon indicates the number of unheard messages.
Voicemail transcription (beta; available only in certain countries or regions) shows your messages transcribed into text. Transcription is limited to voicemails in English received on your iPhone with iOS 10 or later. Transcription depends on the quality of the recording.
Note: Voicemail, Visual Voicemail, and Voicemail transcription are available from select carriers in select countries or regions.
Set up voicemail
The first time you tap Voicemail, you’re asked to create a voicemail password and record your voicemail greeting.
- Tap Voicemail, then tap Set Up Now.
- Create a voicemail password.
- Choose a greeting—Default or Custom; if you choose Custom, you can record a new greeting.
Play, share, or delete a voicemail message
Siri: Say something like: “Play the voicemail from Eliza.” Learn how to ask Siri.
Or do the following:
- Tap Voicemail, then tap a message.
- Do any of the following:
- Play the message: Tap .Messages are saved until you delete them or your carrier erases them.
- Share the message: Tap .
- Delete the message: Tap .
Important: In some countries or regions, deleted messages may be permanently erased by your carrier. Your voice messages may also be deleted if you change your SIM card.
To recover a deleted message, tap Deleted Messages, tap the message, then tap Undelete.
Check your messages when Visual Voicemail isn’t available
- On your iPhone: Tap Voicemail, then follow the instructions.
- On another phone: Dial your own mobile number, press * or # (depending on your carrier) to bypass your greeting, then enter your voicemail password.
Change your voicemail settings
- Change your greeting: Tap Voicemail, then tap Greeting.
- Change your voicemail password: Go to Settings > Phone > Change Voicemail Password, then enter the new password.If you forgot your voicemail password, contact your wireless carrier.
- Change the alert for new voicemail: Go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics or Settings > Sounds.