International Yoga Day Slogans :
The International Day of yoga has been celebrated annually on 21 June since 2015, following its inception in the United Nations General Assembly in 2014. Yoga is a physical, mental and spiritual practice which originated in India. The Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, in his UN address suggested the date of 21 June, as it is the longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere and shares a special significance in many parts of the world.
The idea of an International Day of Yoga was first proposed by the current Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, during his speech at the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA), on 27 September 2014. He stated:
Yoga is an invaluable gift of India’s ancient tradition. It embodies unity of mind and body; thought and action; restraint and fulfillment; harmony between man and nature; a holistic approach to health and well-being. It is not about exercise but to discover the sense of oneness with yourself, the world and the nature. By changing our lifestyle and creating consciousness, it can help in well being. Let us work towards adopting an International Yoga Day.
— Narendra Modi, UN General Assembly
International Yoga Day Slogans :
Make it a special Yoga Day for everyone around with the best Yoga Day slogans and catchy yoga lines. Wish everyone around with Yoga Day taglines and headlines to share on Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram. Share the unique yoga slogans in English with everyone around.
“Stay healthy by doing yoga every morning, every day!!!”
“Yoga is the most disciplined way of living a life is the most inspirational way.”
“Give your body, mind and soul the dose of yoga every day to live your life to the fullest.”
“Yoga is the way to connect yourself and also to connect with the God.”
“Make yourself a healthy being with the benefits of yoga.”
“Yoga madhyam hai khudh ko jaanne ka aur parmatma se milne ka.”
“Shaant mann aur swasth sharir, yoga karne se asambhav bhi hai sambhav.”
“Har saans mein hai Jeevan aur yoga se har saans ban jaati hai amrit.”
“Yoga zariya hai apne tann aur mann ko sada sukh aur samridhi pradan karne ka.”
“Jo har roz yoga karte hain, wo apni zindagi sukh aur swaasthya ke saath jeete hain.”
Yoga Day Quotes
1. Yoga is a light which once lit will never dim, the better your practice the brighter your flame. -B.K.S. Iyengar
2. “Exercises are like prose, whereas yoga is the poetry of movements. Once you understand the grammar of yoga; you can write your poetry of movements.” -Amit Ray
3. Yoga is the methodology with which to unveil the miracle that exists right in front of our faces and inside ourselves.- Rodney Yee
4. Yoga is not about touching your toes, it’s about what you learn on the way down. -Jigar Gor
5. “For me, yoga is not just a workout – it’s about working on yourself.” ~ Mary Glover
6. It is not arrogant or egotistical to feel good inside. You had nothing to do with it. It’s simply the honest response to clearly perceived Reality. -Erich Schiffman
7. Yoga does not just change the way we see things, It transforms the person who sees.
8. “When you listen to yourself, everything comes naturally. It comes from inside, like a kind of will to do something. Try to be sensitive. That is yoga.” -Petri Räisänen
9. Yoga is a mirror to look at ourselves from within.
10. Yoga is not a command performance. It is an invitation to explore. -Danna faulds
11. “Just believe in yourself. Even if you don’t pretend that you do and, and some point, you will.” —Venus Williams
12. “True meditation is about being fully present with everything that is–including discomfort and challenges. It is not an escape from life.” -Craig Hamilton
13. Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most.
14. The best thing you could do is master the chaos in you. You are not thrown into the fire, you are the fire. -Mama Indigo
15. The gift of learning to meditate is the greatest gift you can give yourself in this lifetime. ~ Sogyal Rimpoche
Yoga Day Quotes Images
Yoga Slogans And Sayings For Students
- Open up and say Om.
- Reach your potential.
- Reduce stress, regain focus, better day.
- Relax, replenish, revive.
- Sculpt your ideal body, free your true self, transform your life.
- Stretch Out the Stress.
- Stretch your life span.
- Stretch your mind.
- Stretched and Unstressed.
- Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live in.
- The focus on strength, balance, and flexibility.
- There’s No Place Like Om.
- Transform your body, mind, and life today.
- What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters to what lies within us.
- Which way do you bend.
- Would you like time to breathe?
- Yoga everyday keys the doctor away.
- Yoga for greater self control.
- Yoga is for Posers.
- Yoga is the key to flexibility.
- Yoga is TWISTED.
- Yoga woman play nice.
- Yoga: It’s a mind body spirit thing.
Yoga benefits are multifold
Today, there is an awakening and people have recognized the importance of yoga. The world over, yoga has become synonymous with relaxation, happiness and a creative mind.
It changes the behaviour of a person because behaviour depends on the stress levels in a person. Pranayama and meditation equip us with tools and techniques to lead a stress-free and a tension-free life.
More than words we convey a lot through our presence; our vibrations. The more we come in touch with our deeper Self, the more powerful or vibrations become.
All of us emit vibes depending on the state of our being. When communication breaks down, we often say, ‘Our wavelengths don’t match’. Yoga makes our observation sharper, perception more accurate and expression clearer.
Another issue that we face in society today is prejudice – of religion, race, gender, class, educational status, financial status, etc. All these different types of prejudices have clogged the mind of men and that is how conflicts arise in society. With a holistic and expanded perspective that develops with Yoga, prejudice drops and we are able to reach out and go beyond conflicts.
It enables the development of skills within oneself. Lord Krishna has said, ‘Yoga is skill in action‘ – how skillfully you can communicate, and how skillfully you can act in any given situation.
What does everyone want? Everyone wants to be peaceful, happy and contented. However, if the mind keeps wavering between the past and the future, how can it be peaceful? We need to put effort to bring our mind to the present moment. This is called Yoga. Maharishi Patanjali has said ‘Yoga Chitta Vrutti Nirodha‘ (Yoga happens when the mind is free from distortions or modulations.)