Install Fortnite using the Epic Games Launcher: Board the Battle Bus on PC
Before you can board the Battle Bus on PC, you’ll need to download the Epic Games Launcher and Fortnite.
If you haven’t already, install the Epic Games Launcher.
Once you’ve installed the Launcher, follow these steps to download Fortnite and start playing.
- Start the Epic Games Launcher.
- Log in to your Epic Games account.
- Click Store.
- Type Fortnite in the search box, and then press Enter.
- Click the Fortnite store tile.
- Click GET to download Fortnite for FREE!
- Go to your Library, and then click Fortnite.
- Read the Fortnite End User License Agreement, check the box to confirm that you agree to it, and then click Accept.
- Select the location you’d like to install Fortnite (Default: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\), and then click Install.
- Once the download is complete, click Fortnite to launch the game and start playing!
How do I download the Epic Games launcher?
To download the Epic Games launcher:
Visit any Epic Games product site, such as the Fortnite homepage or Unreal Engine site.
- Click Download in the upper right corner.
- When prompted, sign in with your existing account, or if you don’t already have one, create an Epic account.
- There are additional log-in options if you want to use your console or first-party account credentials.
- The installer file for the Launcher should start downloading automatically. If it doesn’t, click the button that corresponds with your platform to manually begin the download.
How do I change the installation directory of the Epic Games Launcher?
If you’d like to change the location where the Epic Games Launcher is installed you will need to uninstall and reinstall it.
Note: Uninstalling the Epic Games Launcher does remove all the games you have installed on your computer. Once the Epic Games Launcher is reinstalled you will be able to download any games you own on your Epic Games account that were removed. If the game supports Cloud saves, you’ll keep any progress you’ve already made.
Windows 10 / Windows 11
- Click on Start.
- Type Add or Remove Programs and press Enter.
- Look for the Epic Games Launcher in the list of apps and click on it.
- Click on Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstall process.
- Once the uninstallation is done, open your internet browser and go to the Epic Games Store.
- Click Download in the top right corner to download the latest Epic Games Launcher installer.
- Double-click on the installer to begin the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and select the new installation directory when prompted.
After you install the Epic Games Launcher to the Applications folder, you can move it out of it to any other location by holding down the Command key and then clicking and dragging the Epic Games Launcher where you’d like it to be.