Independence Day Quotes in English : Happy Independance Day Quotes, Wishes, SMS, Messages
Independence Day is celebrated annually on 15 August as a national holiday in India commemorating the nation’s independence from the United Kingdom on 15 August 1947, the day when the provisions of the 1947 Indian Independence Act, which transferred legislative sovereignty to the Indian Constituent Assembly, came into effect.
Independence coincided with the partition of India, in which British India was divided along religious lines into the Dominions of India and Pakistan; the partition was accompanied by violent riots and mass casualties, and the displacement of nearly 15 million people due to religious violence. On 15 August 1947, the first Prime Minister of India, Jawaharlal Nehru raised the Indian national flag above the Lahori Gate of the Red Fort in Delhi.
European traders had established outposts in the Indian subcontinent by the 17th century. Through overwhelming military strength, the East India Company fought and annexed local kingdoms and established themselves as the dominant force by the 18th century. Following the Indian Rebellion of 1857, the Government of India Act 1858 led the British Crown to assume direct control of India.
In the decades following, civic society gradually emerged across India, most notably the Indian National Congress Party, formed in 1885. The period after World War I was marked by colonial reforms such as the Montagu–Chelmsford Reforms, but it also witnessed the enactment of the unpopular Rowlatt Act and calls for self-rule by Indian activists. The discontent of this period crystallised into nationwide non-violent movements of non-cooperation and civil disobedience, led by Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi.
During the 1930s, the reform was gradually legislated by the British; Congress won victories in the resulting elections. The next decade was beset with political turmoil: Indian participation in World War II, the Congress’ final push for non-cooperation, and an upsurge of Muslim nationalism led by the All-India Muslim League. The escalating political tension was capped by Independence in 1947. The jubilation was tempered by the bloody partition of the subcontinent into India and Pakistan
Independence Day is significant as it remembers the many people who gave their lives to win their freedom from British rule. Many countries around the world observe the national holiday on this day, such as the raising of the national flag, military parades, and cultural events. Nehru raised the flag of India over the Lahori Gate of the Red Fort in Delhi on August 15, 1947, to commemorate the day. It has been a tradition since then that the Prime Minister’s office has followed, and the country gets a statement.
Independence Day Wishes
- Freedom is everyone’s birth right and we are blessed to be an independent nation
- Freedom lies in being able to live your life, your way with your rules.
- True essence on independence is when you have freedom of speech, freedom of expression along with freedom to make your own decisions
- We owe a grand salute to the brave-hearts who sacrifice their lives for our nation today and every day
- Love the nation and live to serve the nation
- There is no greater love than the love of the motherland, this is what our brave-hearts taught us. Happy Independence day!
- Let there be freedom of making your own decisions
- Independence day is a reminder for all of us to stop taking our Independence for-granted
- Independence day reminds us to be loyal and truthful to our nation and serve it with whole-heart
- To be able to think for yourself, to be able to speak for yourself, to be able to act for yourself, this is what real Independence means!
- If you are able to serve the nation and bring laurels to it, that is the best use of Independence
- Pledge to bring laurels to the country and with every step of growth, work to make our nation proud, this will be the best return gift to those who fought for the Independence of our country
- Freedom of speech doesn’t mean you get right to insult, abuse or disrespect anyone. One should always speak with integrity and dignity. That’s the perfect way of respecting the freedom and independence
- The best way to respect Independence is to work hard to bring laurels to the nation and helping it grow
- The best gift we can give to our motherland is to love her and help her grow with dignity and love
- Independence day reminds us to how we all are forever indebted to our freedom fighters who fought for us. Let us be kind to each other and help each other grow, this will only satisfy their souls
- Independence of taking their own life decisions is biggest gift that we can give to our children
- They helped us become a free nation, now it is our duty to serve this nation, help it grow and bring laurels to it’s name
- Love conquers all, respect wins all but freedom helps grow all
- For the sake of those who lost lives, for the sake of those who stand at the borders to save our lives, let us respect and love each other, spread brotherhood and empower each other to grow. This is the true essence of freedom and this is what we should remind everyone on the independence day
Independence Day Wishes Images