iimcat.ac.in CAT Registration 2021 ends today: Steps to apply
CAT Registration 2021 is due to end today – 22 September 2021. The examination will be held by IIM Ahmedabad on 28 November and candidates can now apply for iimcat.ac.in. Steps on how to apply were provided here.
The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in the case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PwD) categories], awarded by any University or educational institution as incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State legislature in India or declared to be deemed as an University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognised by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
● Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and
those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. However, it may be noted that such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if they submit a certificate from the Principal/Registrar of their University/Institution (issued on or before the date as stipulated by the respective IIM) stating that they have completed all the requirements for obtaining the Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of issue of the certificate.
● Candidates applying for CAT 2021 should fulfill any one of the following conditions:
● Completed Bachelor’s degree with the required percentage of marks*.
● Completed professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA/Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries of India (FIAI)) with required percentage*.
● Should be in the final year of Bachelor’s degree with required percentage*. *SC/ST/PwD candidates should have a minimum 45%. For General, EWS and NC-OBC candidates, the minimum is 50%.
● The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice as followed by the respective University/Institution. In case of grades/CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/Institution. If any University/Institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA, and multiplying the result with 100.
Please note that IIMs shortlist candidates for the interview stage based on their own criteria, which may be independent of each other. The process may include Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI). Performance in the CAT 2021 examination is an important component in the admission process. IIMs may additionally use other factors such as the previous academic performance of the candidates, relevant work experience, gender and academic diversity and other similar inputs in shortlisting and ranking of candidates at various stages of the admission process. The processes, academic cut-offs and the weights allocated to the evaluation parameters may vary across IIMs. For more information, refer to the admissions policies of individual IIMs on their respective websites.
₹1100 for SC, ST and PwD category candidates.
₹2200 for all other categories of candidates.
Please note that a candidate needs to pay the registration fees only once, irrespective of the number of institutes
he/she is applying for. Fees once paid cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
CAT will be conducted in test centres spread across around 158 test cities. Candidates will be given the option to
selectany six test cities in order of their preference.
How to apply
- Candidates have to go to the official website – iimcat.ac.in.
- On the Homepage, there will be a link that will read, ‘New Registration’.
- Click on it and enter your email id, phone number, and date of birth.
- This will then activate your new CAT Id.
- Alternatively, candidates can even click on the direct link given here to register for CAT 2021.
- Login using your Id and Password and start filling the CAT 2021 form.
- Upload the documents as asked and pay the application fee.
- Your CAT Registration 2021 is now completed.
- Download and print a copy of the form for future references.