https //www.treasurydirect.gov Login: How do I login my TreasuryDirect account?
Open your Internet browser and type “www.treasurydirect.gov”. On the TreasuryDirect home page, in the upper right corner, select “Open an Account” and login.
TreasuryDirect allows individuals and various types of entities including trusts, estates, corporations, partnerships, etc.to purchase, manage, hold and redeem their Treasury securities through an online account with the U.S. Department of Treasury.
The entire line of Treasury consumer securities is available in TreasuryDirect: Treasury bills, Treasury notes, Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities (TIPS), Treasury bonds, Floating Rate Notes, and savings bonds.
When account holders purchase securities through TreasuryDirect, they do not receive paper securities. Instead, an electronic security is listed in their on-line account where the owner can view it, track its value, transfer it, or redeem it.
Benefits of Using TreasuryDirect
TreasuryDirect simplifies the lives of Americans who now use the Internet at work and at home. Individuals can purchase Treasury securities 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by accessing their account from any place with a secure Internet connection. The convenience of TreasuryDirect makes it possible for individuals to purchase and manage their Treasury securities – all in a single account with the click of a mouse.
Making all Treasury securities available to the public electronically through the TreasuryDirect website results in cost savings over time.
TreasuryDirect enables a direct relationship between customers – individuals and financial professionals alike – and the U.S. Treasury. The TreasuryDirect.gov site provides complete information for people who want to buy securities directly from the Treasury – in a way that’s easy for everyone to understand.
Setting Up an Account in TreasuryDirect
To set up an account in TreasuryDirect, follow these steps:
1. Open your Internet browser and type “www.treasurydirect.gov” in the address window.
2. On the TreasuryDirect home page, in the upper right corner, select “Open an Account.”
3. On the “TreasuryDirect – Open an Account” page, select “TreasuryDirect”
4. Read the three steps on the “Open An Account >> Intro” page.
5. To open an Individual TreasuryDirect account, make sure you have these things
A Social Security Number
► A United States address of record.
► A checking or savings account.
• You’ll need to know your account and routing numbers.
► An e-mail address. • E.g., Yo******@ab*.com
► A web browser that supports 128-bit encryption.
6. Once you have gathered what you need, click 8 the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of the screen.
7. Choose “Individual” as the type of account you would like to open and then click “Submit.”
8. Complete the online application.
9. Click “Submit” when you’ve completed 11 the application.
10. Choose your personalized image and caption and then click “Submit.”
11. Choose your password and security questions and then click “Submit.”
It’s that simple! You’ve established a personal account with the U.S. Department of the Treasury. Be sure to check your email to retrieve your TreasuryDirect account number.
Note: When logging into your account, you will provide your account number and password. You also will receive an e-mail with a one-time passcode and further instructions.