https //www.snapchat.com/unlock : How To Unlock A Permanently Locked Snapchat Account
If your Snapchat account has been locked, it could mean we’ve detected some activity from your account that violates Terms of Service or Community Guidelines. This is done to keep the app fun and safe for everyone
What you can do if your account has been locked
Your account has been temporarily locked
If you’ve received a message saying your Snapchat account has been temporarily locked, you can try logging back in via the app or on the web by https://accounts.snapchat.com/ and selecting “Unlock”. Make sure you take a look at some of the common reasons why your account might have been locked below before logging back in again, otherwise it could become permanently locked.
Your account has been permanently locked
If you attempt to unlock your account and see a message stating that it has been permanently locked, our Snapchat Support team won’t be able to unlock it for you.
Your account has been locked because it was compromised
If you attempt to log in to your account and see a message stating that it looks like your account might have been compromised, contact Support team https://support.snapchat.com/i-need-help?start=5145405817880576 and fill in the form. They’ll get in touch with you via email.
Please note: They are only able to provide support for accounts that have been compromised through this form. Make sure you include an email address that you have access to so that you can receive a response from Support. They might also need to request additional information to verify your identity, such as your username, when you lost access to your account, etc.
Reasons why your account might have been locked
Learn about why your account might have been locked and how to avoid it happening again (or becoming permanently locked!) in the future.
Please note: Snapchat Support team is not able to unlock accounts that have been permanently locked.
Your account might become locked if:
- You’re using a third-party app, plugin or tweak to access Snapchat or Snapchat services
- How to prevent being locked: Don’t install any third-party apps, plugins or tweaks. If your account has been temporarily locked, uninstall them before trying to unlock it or it might be permanently locked. Continual use of third-party applications or tweaks, sending spam or other abusive behaviour can lead to your account being permanently locked. Please see our Terms of Service for more information.
- You send spam or engage in other behaviour that goes against Community Guidelines.
- How to prevent being locked: Avoid sending spam or other behaviour that goes against our Community Guidelines. We prohibit spam and other deceptive practices, including manipulating content for misleading purposes or to imitate Snapchat content formats.
- We’ve detected suspicious activity on your account (for example, you’ve sent a lot of friend requests to multiple Snapchatters in a short time.)
- How to prevent being locked: Verify your email or phone number for added account security.
- We’ve detected that your account might be compromised and locked it just to be safe
- How to prevent being locked: Practice some of the ways you can keep your Snapchat account safe.
- You’re logging in from a banned device
- How to prevent being locked: Keep in mind that we might ban certain devices from accessing Snap’s services in serious cases where an account violates our Terms of Service or Community Guidelines. Snapchatters who have had their account terminated are also prohibited from creating new accounts.