https //secure.ssa.gov/iapplnmd/start online : Create your personal my Social Security account
A free and secure my Social Security account provides personalized tools for everyone, whether you receive benefits or not. You can use your account to request a replacement Social Security card, check the status of an application, estimate future benefits, or manage the benefits you already receive. All from anywhere!
What to Know if You Must Visit an Office:
• You must have an appointment to visit an office.
• Masks are required for all office visitors and employees, regardless of vaccination status.
• Visitor capacity is limited to follow physical distancing requirements. This means you may need to wait outside, so plan for cold or bad weather.
• We ask that you come alone unless you require help with your visit. If you require help, we can only permit one person to accompany you.
What is Direct Deposit?
Direct deposit is a simple, safe, and secure way to get benefits. If you do not have a bank account, the FDIC website offers information to help you open an account online or at a local bank branch. If you need us to send your payment to a bank or credit union account, have all of the following information ready when you apply.
- Social Security number
- Bank routing transit number
- Account type (checking or savings)
- Account number
How to Set Up or Change Direct Deposit of Benefit Payment Online
- Log in to your account.
- Sign in and Select the blue Benefits & Payment Details link on the right side of the screen.
- Scroll down and select the Update Direct Deposit button, and choose if you are the owner or co-owner of the bank account.
- Enter your bank account information and select Next.
- Review and verify your banking information and select Submit then select Done.
- You can also decide when your change will take effect, by simply using the My Profile tab within my Social Security.