https //respond.census.gov/nsch Login : What is the National Survey of Children’s Health (NSCH)?
The NSCH is a household survey that produces national and state-level data on the physical and emotional health of children 0 – 17 years old in the United States. The survey collects information related to the health and well-being of children, including access to and use of health care, family interactions, parental health, school and after-school experiences, and neighborhood characteristics.
Why is the NSCH important?
- state-level planning and program development.
- federal policy and program development.
- general scientific research on public health.
Who sponsors the survey?
Why was I selected for the survey?
The U.S. Census Bureau chose your address, not you personally, from a scientifically selected sample from a list of ALL mailable addresses in the country. Only a sample is selected because surveying every address in the country would cost too much and take too long.
It is important that all selected households respond to the survey to make sure that the experiences of all types of households and families are represented.
How is my privacy protected?
- your Social Security number
- your personal information via email
- money or donations
- credit card information
How do I verify that the phone call or survey materials are legitimate?
To verify that the phone call or correspondence is legitimate, please call the U.S. Census Bureau at 1-800-523-3205. When contacted about the NSCH, a survey representative can always provide you with their name and interviewer code to confirm employment with the U.S. Census Bureau.
What kinds of questions does the survey ask?
- Child and family characteristics
- Physical and mental health status, including current conditions and functional difficulties
- Health insurance status, type, and adequacy
- Access and use of health care services
- Medical, dental, and specialty care needed and received
- Family health and activities
- Impact of childs health on family
- Neighborhood characteristics
Why should I participate?
How do I recover my Web survey Login ID or PIN?
If you have lost or misplaced your Web Login ID and/or PIN, please call the U.S. Census Bureau toll-free at 1-800-845-8241 for assistance.