https //public.txdpsscheduler com/ : Texas DPS – Schedule Appointment
To make a Texas DPS appointment Schedule , click “Make an appointment” at the bottom of the page https //public.txdpsscheduler com/. Existing appointments may also be canceled or rescheduled using “Edit Appointment” below.
To make a new appointment, you must acknowledge that your personal data will be stored.
Customers with appointments receive priority. All other customers will receive service on a first come, first serve basis depending on their service request.
Only same-day and next-day appointments are available (e.g., On Mondays, appointments are available for Monday and Tuesday)
Dealers, title service companies, and “runners” for these businesses can’t make appointments. Any meetings that these groups have coming up will be cancelled.
Driver License Services – Appointments
All services pertaining to DLs and IDs issued in-person by the Department require a scheduled appointment. Renewal deals are a part of these services. Before making an appointment, please read the details below.
If your driver license expired prior to April 14, 2021, and you have already scheduled an appointment, you may request a temporary license to operate a motor vehicle until your appointment date. This extension does not apply to a Commercial Driver License (CDL) holder. In order for your request to be processed, your request will need to be submitted through our Contact Us page. When submitting your request, please complete all of the requested fields and include the following information in the Questions section of the form:
- Date of your appointment
- State that you are requesting a Temporary License (requests that do not reference this will not be processed)
To qualify for a temporary license, the driver license must:-
- Be a Texas driver license
- Be “Eligible”
- Not be a commercial driver license
- Not have any active suspensions or outstanding tickets.
- Have expired on or before April 14, 2021.
NOTE: The temporary permit provided is a one-time only courtesy until your scheduled appointment
Also Read : DPS Appointment Scheduler
Driver License Services – Appointments
The Department encourages all eligible customers to conduct their driver license services online. For more information, please visit our webpage on Driver License Services, Extensions, Waivers, and Covid-19 Information.
To assist customers needing DL services, designated offices will offer expanded hours from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Fridays, through August 31, 2021.
To ensure the safety of all customers, as well as our driver license office personnel, you will be required to comply with the following for your appointment:
- Services are by scheduled appointment only. Walk-in appointments will be available on a limited basis at all driver license office locations.
- If you are having difficulty scheduling an appointment on a preferred day, please know all DL offices do have a limited number of same-day appointments available on a first-come, first served basis, that fill up quickly. Customers who book these appointments at the office can then leave and return at their designated appointment time. Individuals without an appointment will receive instruction and assistance in setting an appointment for a future date and time.
- All customers visiting the driver license office are encouraged to wear a face mask or facial covering
- Social distancing must be followed (6 feet apart)
- Only customers will be allowed into the building, with the following exceptions:
- ADA accommodations
- Customers with small children
- Elderly persons
- Business needs (parental authorization, residency/address change, etc.)
- Credit cards are the preferred payment. Money orders, cashier’s and personal checks will be accepted (for the correct amount)
How to Renew Your Texas Driver License, Motorcycle License or Identification Card
Most driver licenses and identification cards can be renewed up to two years before and after the expiration date. You have several convenient options to renew your Texas driver license or identification card during this time, including:
- By Telephone
- By Mail, or
- In-person at your local driver license office