https //milconnect.dmdc.osd.mil. milconnect: Signing In and Out of milConnect
All persons age 18 and older who have an affiliation with the U.S. Department of Defense can use milConnect to manage their contact information and check their records and benefits as recorded in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS).
- All users can view their own information.
- Sponsors can view their own information and in most cases, information for their eligible family members.
- Some beneficiaries are both sponsors and dependents. Some dependents have more than one sponsor. If you are in one of these categories you might need to change the sponsor name that appears in the upper right of the milConnect page when you sign in.
- If you are a new user and do not have a Common Access Card (CAC), click Start here in the upper right to create logon credentials.
Signing In and Out
To use milConnect, you must sign in with a Department of Defense (DoD) Self-Service Logon (DS Logon), CAC, or Defense Finance and Accounting Service myPay password (DFAS PIN).
Note: Only family members who are 18 years or older can obtain a DS Logon to sign in to milConnect.
For help with the DoD Self-Service and other logon methods, click the Help Center link at the top right of any milConnect logon page. (Logon pages display after you click Sign In or Start here at the top right of the Home page).
- Go to the milConnect application and click Sign In.
- Choose one of the logon methods and click Login.
When you have successfully signed in, the Home Page opens. The top right shows whether you are signed in as a sponsor or a dependent.
To navigate within milConnect, select an item from the menu bar at the top of any page.
To close milConnect:
- Click Sign Out at the top of any page. For added security, please close your browser after you sign out.
For additional security, after a period of inactivity (15 minutes) you will automatically be signed out of the system. Sign In again when you are ready to resume using milConnect.
About milConnect Menus
Sponsors and eligible family members who are age 18 or older can manage their contact information and check their records and benefits by selecting a menu at the top of any milConnect page. The menus that you see depend on your affiliation with the Department of Defense and your benefits.
The top right of the Home page displays your name and shows whether you are signed in as a sponsor or a dependent. It also displays the Notification icon if you have any correspondence or other notifications.
- eCorrespondence and Vaccination Status: Access benefit eligibility, enrollment, and Medicare-related correspondence. You can also access the Proof of Coverage page, which lets you print proof of insurance eligibility letters (if currently enrolled in a TRICARE managed program). Civilian employees can use the COVID Vaccination Certification page to self-attest their COVID vaccination status. Civilian supervisors use the Supervisor Review tab to validate their employees’ vaccination status.
- Defense Personnel Records Information (DPRIS): Request and receive scanned copies of documents in your Official Military Personnel File (OMPF).
- DoD Transition Assistance Program (DoDTAP): As a Service member or veteran, you can use the DoDTAP page in milConnect to access important documents related to the DoD’s Transition Assistance Program (TAP).
- Joint Qualification System (JQS): As an Army, Navy, Marine Corps, or Air Force officer, you can use the Joint Qualification System (JQS) page in milConnect to nominate your past assignments and duties for consideration as “joint experience”. If approved, you will accumulate points toward achieving the various levels of joint qualification.
- Benefits Web Enrollment (BWE): Eligible beneficiaries can enroll in medical and dental benefits, disenroll, change a Primary Care Manager (PCM), update address information (which affects plan eligibility), and view pharmacy and Medicare information.
- Transfer of Education Benefits (TEB): Sponsors can transfer their education benefits to eligible family members.
- Life Insurance (SOES – SGLI Online Enrollment System): This menu displays if your service has authorized use of this application. Sponsors can edit policy information using SOES.