https //gswan.gujarat.gov.in sathi :
This initiative was launched in Gujarat under the banner of Digital Gujarat, and it is an internet system that connects 33 districts of Gujarat, 248 talukas, and numerous government agencies on the Gujarat State Wide Area Network. More than 340 departmental websites have already been hosted on the GSWAN server; thus, in this article, we will discuss the GSWAN portal, its features, and its purpose.
What exactly is GSWAN?
Gujarat State Wide Area Network is the full name of the organisation. Gujarat State Wide Area Network (GSWAN) is an Internet system server that is a sophisticated and advanced communication infrastructure utilised widely for the interchange of data, phone, and video information between two or more locations. The fundamental motivation behind GSWAN is to upgrade the inter-governmental communication system in order to improve administrative effectiveness and efficiency while also adding credibility and accountability to the whole system of government-to-government (G2G) working.
GSWAN has used information and communication technology to provide a robust communication backbone and excellent support for e-governance to other state government bodies. It offers a comprehensive range of information and communication technology (ICT) services. On the GSWAN Server, more than 340 websites from various government departments, offices, boards, corporations, and heads of departments have already been hosted, and more than 22000+ E-mail IDs have been created for government officials around the state.
|The purpose of starting the portal||It is the server of an Internet system which is a modern and advanced communication infrastructure used extensively for the exchange of data, voice and video information between two or more locations.|
|Official Website||Gujarat State Wide Area Network|
Gujarat State Wide Area Network Benefits (GSWAN)
There are numerous advantages to using the GSWAN service, which have made government office work easier and faster; we have discussed these advantages.
• People can receive a copy of the record of right (7/12) and account of land holding (8A) at the taluka level, and tampering with official records has decreased.
• GSWAN maintains approximately 340 different departmental websites that enable access to information to regular residents, with 33 districts and 248 talukas ultimately connecting over 5000 GoG offices for secure digital communication.
What is the total number of GSWAN users?
So far, 44,378 people have signed up for GSWAN, representing a 73 percent increase in users. You receive more than 45000 e-mails every day on the Gujarat State Wide Area Network (GSWAN), and the process of sending mail has increased by 80 percent in the last two years. For data processing, all of the districts consume an average of 55 percent of GSWAN bandwidth on a daily basis. The powerful GSWAN backbone processes an average of 85 GHz data frames at the state level, 3 peta data frames at the district level, and 11 GHz data frames at the taluka level on a monthly basis.
What is done by GSWAN?
We have covered different programs of Gujarat State Wide Area Network (GSWAN) .
- Public Distribution System (PDS) – Public Distribution System (PDS),
- Garvi (Registration of Documents) – Garvi (Registration of Documents)
- Land Record Information System (E-dhara)-Land Record Information System (E-dhara)
- Electoral Roll Management System (ERMS) – Electoral Roll Management System (ERMS)
- IWDMS-Integrated Workflow & Document Management System
- IFMS-Integrated Financial Management System
- HMIS-Hospital Management & Information System
- GSBTM-Guj State Bio-Tech Mission
- GAD-General Administration Dept
- XPLORA – Entry Card Swipe
- Agriculture Soil Health Card Application
- SWAGAT – Grievances Redressal to Hon’ble CM
- Commodity Price Monitoring
- Agriculture Census Gujarat
- Ration Card
- Intra FOREST
- RoR at Village
- Development Support Agency – Tribal
- Media Response System
- City Survey – Gujarat
- Jantry – Land Registration
- Gujarat Information Commission
- Directorate of Animal Husbandry
- FDCA – Foods & Drugs Controller Administration & Drugs Manufacturing License Allocation
- Directorate of Pension & Provident Funds etc
- The backbone of the project is the application software designed and developed by NIC. ReD is a comprehensive software developed to cover all the process of registration from presentation and registration fee receipt generation to scanning and printing the record copy of the registered document and archiving the document images.
- Return of the original document immediately after registration
- Modernise the Sub Registrar Offices
- Public comfort at SR offices
- Transparent process
- Availability of Stamp Duty and Market Value on Internet / Intranet.
Features of ReD :
- Introduced an input sheet to be filled in by the party and verified by the sub registrar for easy data entry by the operator
- Jantri Module (Market value of whole State is available)
- Registration Module
- Valuation Module
- Calculation of Stamp Duty
- Photo capturing of the parties using web camera
- BIO-Metric (Finger print capture)
- Scanning Module for scanning all the pages of a document
- CD Backup for database and archival of scanned images of a document
- Bilingual User Interface (Gujarati & English)
- Document Number issued by computer and fee receipt is generated
- Market Value & Stamp Duty Calculation as per laid down rules and Jantri (Land Rate)
- On the spot generation of Ganatri Patrak (calculation sheet) and Notice 3(2) for deficit amount
- All endorsements are generated and attached to the original document Indices viz., Index 2, Index 3, Index 4, CTS Patrak and various other administrative reports.
- User friendly menu driven software for easy operation
- Help at each and every level
- Data Security