https //dvprogram.state.gov 2024 Registration : Authentication Code for Electronic Diversity Visa Program
Navigating in the AES Web Site at dvprogram.state.gov. While in the AES Web site, do not use your Internet browser’s Forward and Back buttons to navigate between pages.
Moving Between Pages
While in the AES Web site, do not use your Internet browser’s Forward and Back buttons to navigate between pages. The browser’s cache (temporarily stored Web pages and documents) does not refresh, so using your browser’s navigation buttons may display outdated information. Use the buttons provided on the Web site to ensure you are viewing updated information.
You can click the following links:
DV-YYYY Instructions: This link opens a separate Internet browser window containing detailed instructions for the current DV program year, including who is eligible to enter the program, a list of all the information you will need in order to complete the Entry Form, how to properly compose the required photographs for submission, and a list of Frequently Asked Questions. To avoid having your entry disqualified, read and follow these instructions carefully.
Photo Examples: Prior to filling out the Entry Form, use this link to check that the photographs you intend to submit with your entry will be accepted by the system. You cannot submit your photographs via this link; this is only to verify that your photographs are valid.
Begin Entry: This link will open the Authentication Code page. You will have to successfully enter the code in order to access the Entry Form.
Check Status: This link will take you to the ESC Web site where program applicants can check to see whether their entry was selected for further processing. The instructions include guidelines for which DV program years may check their status, and the date range they may check their status.
Entering the Authentication Code
Completing the Authentication Code Page
You must enter the code you see on this page to submit your Entry Form.
- In the text field, enter the characters you see displayed and click Submit
- If you are having trouble reading the characters, do one of the following:Click Refresh to display a new code. Enter the characters in the text field and click SubmitClick Speaker to hear an audio clip of the characters. Enter the characters in the text field and click Submit.
When you click Submit after entering the correct characters, the online Entry Form will open, via a secure connection, by which you will submit your application and photographs. You will have up to 60 minutes to submit your Entry Form from the time you click Begin Entry. You cannot fill out the form offline, and you cannot fill out only part of the form and complete the rest later. For this reason, it is very important that prior to clicking this link, you do the following: (1) read the DV Entry Instructions and gather all the information you will need, and (2) use the Photo Examples to verify that your photographs will be accepted.
To enter the displayed code:
- Click Cancel Entry.
The Confirm Cancellation page is displayed.
- Click Confirm Cancellation to discard your Entry Form. The information you filled out will not be saved. If you decide to enter the DV program later, you will have to fill out the Entry Form again.
Check That Photographs Meet All Requirements
You must submit recent photographs, taken within the last six months, of:
- Your spouse
- Each unmarried child under 21 years of age at the time of your electronic entry, including all natural children as well as all legally adopted children and stepchildren, even if a child no longer resides with you or you do not intend for a child to immigrate under the DV program.
To validate that a photograph meets all technical requirements:
- From the Welcome Page, click Photo Examples. The Photo Requirements web page is displayed, describing the photo requirements and providing a Photo Cropping Tool.
Submitting Photo on Part One – Entrant Information
Help: Detailed instructions about the technical requirements for photographs can be found by clicking Photo Examples on the Welcome Page and scrolling down.
Submitting Photographs: You will submit only one photograph for the primary Entrant on Part One – Entrant Information. Photographs of your spouse and children, if any, will be submitted on Part Two – Derivatives once you have completed Part One.
To select a photograph to submit:
- Under the Entrant Photograph section, click on the Choose New Photo button to open the Choose File to Upload window.
Note: You can only upload photos using the Choose New Photo button; you cannot manually type in the file path.
- Navigate to the location on your computer where the photograph is stored.
- Select the photograph file name and click Open. The textbox will populate with the file path to the selected photo, and a preview of the selected photo will display below the textbox.
Note: Once you click Continue on the bottom of Part One, the photograph will be uploaded to the Entry Form. You can change the photograph you choose to submit up until you submit the final completed form to the DV program.
Completing the Entry Form for the Primary Entrant
Help: Below are a few basic tips for completing the Entry Form. For a blank sample of Part One – Entrant Information, click here or scroll down. For detailed instructions on each form field, click here or scroll down.
The Entry Form: Click Begin Entry on the Welcome Page to start filling out the Entry Form. The form is divided into two parts. Part One – Entrant Information gathers information about only the primary Entrant (the eligible person applying to the DV program). Part Two – Derivatives gathers information about derivatives (your spouse and children), if any. You must complete Part One before filling out Part Two. The Entry Form only supports U.S. keyboard characters.
Note: You will have up to 60 minutes to submit your Entry Form from the time you click Begin Entry. You cannot fill out the form offline, and you cannot fill out only part of the form and complete the rest later. For this reason, it is very important that prior to clicking this link, you do the following: (1) read the DV Entry Instructions and gather all the information you will need, and (2) use the Photo Examples to verify that your photograph will be accepted.
Entry Form Links: The Entry Form contains links to the Country of Eligibility list, the Photo Examples, and the Qualified Occupations list. All of these links will open in new windows. This allows you to seek additional information without losing your place on the Entry Form.