https //cybercrime.gov.in Login : Report Cyber Crime Online
National Cyber Crime Reporting portal is an initiative of Government of India to facilitate victims/complainants to report cybercrime complaints online. Complaints reported on this portal are dealt by law enforcement agencies/ police based on the information available in the complaints. It is imperative to provide correct and accurate details while filing complaint for prompt action.
For Filing a Complaint on National Cyber Crime Reporting Portal, click the link below:-
Helpline Number – 155260
(Delhi, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, Chhattisgarh,Uttar Pradesh, Assam, Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh) 24*7
For Rest of the States/UTs (10:00 AM To 6:00 PM).
Which type of cybercrimes I can report on the portal?
There are two options for reporting cybercrimes on the portal:
Report Crime related to Women/ Child – Under this section, you can report complaints pertaining to online Child Pornography (CP), Child Sexual Abuse Material (CSAM) or sexually explicit content such as Rape/Gang Rape (CP/RGR) content.
Report Other Cybercrimes – Under this option, you can report complaints pertaining to cybercrimes such as mobile crimes, online and social media crimes, online financial frauds, ransomware, hacking, cryptocurrency crimes and online cyber trafficking.
What kind of information, should I provide to report complaint?
There are two options for filing a report on www.cybercrime.gov.in: (i) Report Crime related to Women/ Child and (ii) Report Other Cybercrimes. In case of “Report Crime related to Women/ Child”, there are two ways of registering your complaint:
- Report Anonymously – You can report crimes related to online Child Pornography/ Rape or Gang Rape (CP/RGR) content anonymously. You do not need to provide any personal information. However, information related to the complaint should be accurate and complete for the police authorities to take necessary action.
- Report and Track – Under this option, fields marked with a red asterisk (*) are mandatory. It is important that the police authorities receive accurate and complete information related to the complaint. Therefore, you should provide required information such as your name, phone number, email address, details of the complaint and necessary information supporting the complaint.
Initially, register yourself using your name and valid Indian mobile number. You will receive a One Time Password (OTP) on your mobile number. The OTP remains valid for 30 minutes only. Once successfully register your mobile number on the portal, you will be able to report the complaint.
You can use “Report Other Cybercrimes” option available on the portal to report other cybercrimes such as mobile crimes, online and social media crimes, online financial frauds, ransomware, hacking, cryptocurrency crimes and online cyber trafficking. You are required to register yourself using your name and valid Indian mobile number. You will receive a One Time Password (OTP) on your mobile number. The OTP remains valid for 30 minutes only. Once successfully register your mobile number on the portal, you will be able to report the complaint by selecting appropriate category and sub- category.
What type of information would be considered as evidence while filing my complaint related to cybercrime?
It is important to keep any evidence you may have related to your complaint. Evidence may include:
- Credit card receipt
- Bank statement
- Envelope (if received a letter or item through mail or courier)
- Online money transfer receipt
- Copy of email
- URL of webpage
- Chat transcripts
- Suspect mobile number screenshot
- Any other kind of document