https //benefits.oregon.gov Login : Apply for medical assistance under the Oregon Health Plan
Oregon Health Plan program pays for health care and other service needs of its clients. To get this help, individuals must meet certain income and asset requirements and other non-financial eligibility requirements such as residency and citizenship/alien status.
Oregon Health Plan services are delivered through managed care and are based on a prioritized list of medical conditions and treatments, the world’s first such priority list for medical services. The Oregon Health Plan is a Medicaid expansion program authorized by the Oregon Legislature and approved under Federal waivers of Medicaid rules.
Who is eligible for Oregon Health Plan (Medicaid/SCHIP)?
To be eligible for Oregon Medicaid, you must be a resident of the state of Oregon, a U.S. national, citizen, permanent resident, or legal alien, in need of health care/insurance assistance, whose financial situation would be characterized as low income or very low income. You must also be one of the following:-
- Pregnant, or.
- Be responsible for a child 17 years of age or younger, or.
- Have a disability or a family member in your household with a disability.
How can I contact someone?
To apply for medical assistance under the Oregon Health Plan (Medicaid) program, a medical assistance application must be completed. Applications are available from local DHS branches (we’re listed under “Human Resources, Department of” in the State Government pages of most local phone books). Applications are also available from outreach sites and the OHP Application Center:
For individuals who are age 60 or older, or disabled, medical assistance applications are available from the local DHS office for Seniors and People with Disabilities or the local Area Agency on Aging.
How do I find a Benefit?
Benefits.gov can help you start your search for benefits by connecting you to programs you may be eligible to receive. Start your search with the following options:
- Take the Benefit Finder questionnaire to help you determine eligibility for over 1,000 benefits
- Browse by Category
- Look through 16 benefit categories and select the one(s) you want to learn more about.
- Filter your results by selecting your state in the drop down or selecting a subcategory.
- Use Search
- Search by keyword or phrase.
- Filter by benefits, news articles, and videos.
- Browse by Agency to filter your search by the Federal managing agency.
- Visit the Other Resources page to find more information on government assistance.
Am I eligible for Benefit?
Benefits.gov is a great place to begin your search for government benefits.
If you know what benefit you are looking for…
- Use Browse by Category, Browse by Agency, or type keywords in Search to go directly to the benefit page.
- Select the button at the top of the benefit page labeled ‘Check if you may be eligible for this benefit.’
- Fill out a short questionnaire to see if you may be eligible for the benefit.
If you are looking for government benefits, but don’t know where to start…
- Take the Benefit Finder, an online questionnaire that recommends benefits you may be eligible to receive based on answers to a series of questions about your personal situation.
- Based on your results of the Benefit Finder, Benefits.gov will guide you to the next steps and where to apply directly with the agency that manages each benefit.
To use the Benefits.gov Chatbot
The Benefits.gov Chatbot is an automated chatbot that can answer frequently asked questions about Benefits.gov in real time, to help you find the information you need quickly.
- Click the message icon in the bottom right hand corner of any Help Center page.
- Read the introduction message to learn more about how the Benefits.gov Chatbot can help.
- Follow the guided prompts by clicking the option most closely related to your question, or type your question into the text field and click the ‘send’ icon.
- To start over or erase the chat, click the ‘X’ in the top right corner of the chat.
- To minimize the chat, click the dash in the top right corner of the chat.
- Your chat conversation history will be erased after 60 minutes.
- Rate your experience to help us improve by following the prompts at the end of the chat.
The Benefits.gov Chatbot is currently only available from the Help Center. If you start a chat and leave the Help Center, the Chatbot will be available for further questions or feedback throughout the site. The Chatbot is only available in English. Please do not submit any personal information during a chat, as we do not save personally identifiable information.