https://activate.uci.edu/ : UCInetID Activation and Password Changer
Your UCInetID is your username at UC Irvine. It consists of a 3-8 letter combination of your first and last name. For example, Peter Anteater’s UCInetID would be panteat. A UCInetID is not a Student ID Number or an Application ID which consists of all numbers. In order to be able to login with your UCInetID, it must first be activated.
1. If you forgot your UCInetID:
- Visit https://activate.uci.edu/activate/forgot_ucinetid.php
- When prompted, enter the email address that you used on your UC application.
- Select the button “Send me my UCInetID”. Your UCInetID will be emailed to you shortly.
2. How do I activate my UCInetID?
Visit https://activate.uci.edu to get started. In order to successfully activate, you need 3 pieces of information:
- Your UCI Student ID Number, which is 8 digits in length
- Your birthdate
- The last four digits of your social security number
- Note: If you do not have a SSN, leave this field blank or use whatever number you entered on your UC application.
3. I forgot my UCI Student ID number and/or my UCInetID.
Your UCI Student ID# is 8 digits in length (as opposed to your UC Application ID# which is only 7). This number will appear on every email you’ll receive from UCI.
Your UCInetID is your username, which you’ll use to login to the Applicant Portal and other UCI web services. It’s up to 8 characters in length and will be a mix of your first, middle, and last name, and in some cases it will contain numbers too (e.g. panteate).
Please search your email for this number and your UCInetID.
- If you cannot find this email, please use our self-service tool to retrieve your Student ID# and/or your UCInetID: https://apply.admissions.uci.edu/register/request_id
- If you’re still having trouble, please contact the OIT Help Desk. We’ll verify your identity and provide you with this information.
4. I forgot my UC Application ID number.
Your Application ID is a 7-digit number that can be found on the receipt/summary email you received when you submitted your UC application. If you did not save this receipt, you can find your Application ID by signing back in to your UC Application and clicking on the “View Application” link. You will then see your Application ID on the top left of the page.
If you’re still having trouble, you can contact the UC Application Processing Service by phone.
- If you are inside the U.S. call (800) 207-1710
- If you are outside the U.S. call (310) 513-2715
5. I forgot my password.
You can reset your UCInetID password at https://activate.uci.edu. You will need your UCInetID, date of birth, and the last four of your social security number to do so.
Once your UCInetID is validated, you must answer the security question on file to reset the password.
6. I forgot my security answer.
Visit https://activate.uci.edu/activate/forgot_password.php and we’ll send you the answer on file.
7. I tried resetting my password but I keep getting the error ‘you do not have the proper information to continue.’
The error message “You do not have the proper information to continue…” can mean one of two things:
- You’re trying to reset the password to an account you haven’t activated yet. Visit activate.uci.edu and select the “Student Applicants” link on that page to get started.
- You entered in an invalid UCInetID on the password reset page. Your UCInetID is a username, so it will not be an email address nor an ID number. If you forgot your UCInetID, please use the tool at the top of the page to retrieve it.