https //a127-ess.nyc.gov Login : How do I access ESS NYC?
Employee Self‐Service Overview:
• Instant access to your HR, Payroll, Tax, and Benefits data.
• Request an employment or salary verification letter
• View and apply to jobs.
What can I do in Employee Self‐Service (ESS)?
• The table to the right identifies all actions that can be taken in ESS.
When can I access ESS?
• ESS is available 24/7. However, brief maintenance windows may occur evenings starting at 8:30 PM and on Sundays.
How do I access ESS?
• From work, please use the Intranet website: http://cityshare.nycnet/ess.
• From home or a public location, please use the Internet website: www.nyc.gov/ess.
Your User ID is your 7-digit Employee ID/PMS Reference # provided by your agency or found on your pay stub.
Your Initial Password consists of the last 2 digits of your SSN, an underscore (“_”), the first 3 letters of your birth month (must be upper case), your birth day including the leading zero, and your birth year (e.g., the password for an employee with an SSN of XXX-XX-XX99 and a birth date of January 01, 1910 would be 99_JAN011910).
NYCAPS EMPLOYEE SELF-SERVICE
Please follow the instructions below to set-up your Employee Self-Service (ESS) account in NYCAPS and to view your EStubs:
1. Open a new browser window and navigate to My Paycheck Page on NYC.gov.
2. Select Employee Self-Service (ESS) at the top of the page.
3. User ID
• This is your seven-digit City Employee ID # (Reference #) which can be found on your pay-stub.
4. Initial Password
• Your initial password consists of the last two digits of your SSN, an (_) underscore, the first three letters of your birth month (must be all upper case), your birth day including the leading zero, and your birth year (i.e., the password for an employee with an SSN of XXX-XX-XX99 and a birth date of January 01, 1910 would be 99_JAN011910).
Note that if you have worked for a previous New York City agency in the past, this password logic may not allow you to login. In this case, please contact CUNY via email at University_Payroll_Security_Adm@cuny.edu and request a password reset.
If you encounter any other technical issues during initial login, please contact CUNY via email at University_Payroll_Security_Adm@cuny.edu.
5. Creation of New Password After Initial Login
• Upon logging in for the first time, you will be asked to create a new password – this password must be at least 8 characters in length, containing at least one number.
• You will also be asked to answer at least five out of ten security questions that will be used to re-set forgotten passwords. If you encounter password issues in ESS, contact CUNY via email at University_Payroll_Security_Adm@cuny.edu.
• Passwords expire every 90 days. Upon expiration, employees will be asked to create new passwords. New passwords must meet the criteria outlined above, and cannot be equal to any of the four
• previously-used passwords.
6. Access Your EStub
• From the home screen, use the following path: • Pay and Tax Information > View My Last Pay Stub
If you encounter issues with your account, such as incorrect personal and/or payroll information, please contact CUNY via email at University_Payroll_Security_Adm@cuny.edu.