How To Turn Off Activation Lock on Apple Watch
In Apple watch, you can turn off the activation lock by going onto iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID. From the Quick Access Menu in the top right, select Find My. You might be required to sign in.
Find My includes a feature called Activation Lock that’s designed to prevent anyone else from using your Apple Watch if it’s ever lost or stolen.
Turn off Activation Lock on the web
If you can’t access your iPhone or Apple Watch, or if your Apple Watch isn’t paired with your iPhone and you need to turn off Activation Lock:
- Go to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID.
- From the Quick Access Menu in the top right, select Find My. You might be required to sign in.
- Select All Devices, then click your Apple Watch.
- Click Erase Apple Watch. Select Next until the device is erased.
- Click the remove button X next to your Apple Watch.
What is Activation Lock?
Find My and Activation Lock for your Apple Watch turn on automatically when you set up Find My on your paired iPhone. With Activation Lock, your Apple ID and password are required before anyone can:
- Unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone.
- Pair and use your Apple Watch with a new iPhone.
- Turn off Find My on your device.
Activation Lock can help you keep your device secure, even if it’s in the wrong hands, and can improve your chances of recovering your Apple Watch. Even if you erase your device remotely, Activation Lock can continue to keep anyone from reactivating your device without your permission. All you need to do is keep Find My turned on, and remember your Apple ID and password.
Check if Activation Lock is on
Follow these steps on your paired iPhone to check if Activation Lock is turned on:
- On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app.
- Tap the My Watch tab, then tap All Watches at the top of the screen.
- Tap the info button next to your Apple Watch.
If you see Find My Apple Watch, then Activation Lock is on.
Turn off Activation Lock before you send your Apple Watch in for service, sell it, or give it away
Before you send your Apple Watch in for service, sell it, or give it away, you should turn off Activation Lock on your Apple Watch. Just unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone:
1. Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together.
2. On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app.
3. Tap the My Watch tab, then tap All Watches at the top of the screen.
4. Tap the info button next to your Apple Watch.
5. Tap Unpair Apple Watch.
6. For cellular models of Apple Watch, tap Remove [Carrier] Plan. If you aren’t going to pair with a different Apple Watch or iPhone, you might need to contact your carrier to cancel your cellular subscription.*
7. Enter your Apple ID password. If you forgot your Apple ID password, you can reset it.
8. Tap again to confirm.