How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro : Steps to Rest Airpods
You might need to reset your AirPods if they won’t charge, or to fix a different issue.
- Put your AirPods in their charging case, and close the lid.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Open the lid of your charging case.
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Bluetooth and tap the “i” icon next to your AirPods. (If you don’t see your AirPods in Settings > Bluetooth, just go to the next step.)
- Tap Forget This Device, and tap again to confirm.
- With the lid open, press and hold the setup button on the back of the case for about 15 seconds, until the status light flashes amber, then white.*
- Reconnect your AirPods: With the lid open, place your AirPods close to your device. Follow the steps on your device’s screen.
How to reset your AirPods Max
Find out how to reset your AirPods Max.
Before you reset your AirPods Max, make sure you charge them for a few minutes.
If you’re experiencing issues with your AirPods Max, you can reboot them. Press and hold the noise control button and the Digital Crown until the LED flashes amber.
You can also reset your AirPods Max to factory settings and unpair them from your iCloud account. Press and hold the noise control button and the Digital Crown for 15 seconds, until the LED flashes amber, and then white. After you’ve reset your AirPods Max, you can connect them to your iOS or iPadOS device, or connect them to your Mac.