How To Hard Reset iPhone 11 : How to Factory Reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Learn how to securely erase information from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and restore your device to factory settings.
If you also need to securely erase your Apple Watch, you can use these steps to unpair your devices.
Tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device]
Then tap Erase All Content and Settings.
If asked, enter your passcode or Apple ID password
Then confirm that you want to erase your device. Forgot your passcode or Apple ID password?
Wait for your device to erase
Depending on your device, it can take a few minutes to completely erase your data.
If you can’t erase your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- If you forget your Screen Time passcode, you need to erase your device, then set it up as a new device to remove the Screen Time passcode. Restoring your device using a backup won’t remove the Screen Time passcode.
Read Also : bleacherreport com Activate Xbox One
When you delete data, it’s no longer accessible through the iPhone interface, but it isn’t erased from iPhone storage. To remove all of your content and settings from storage, erase iPhone. For example, erase iPhone before you sell it or give it away. If you want to save your content and settings, back up iPhone before erasing it.
You can erase iPhone from Settings . If you’re unable to open Settings, you can use a computer to erase iPhone.
Wipe all content and settings from iPhone
- Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone.If you’re erasing your iPhone because you’re replacing it with a new iPhone that you have on hand, you can use extra free storage in iCloud to move your apps and data to the new device. Tap Get Started, follow the onscreen instructions, then return to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
When iPhone restarts with all content and settings erased, you have the option to set up iPhone as new or restore it from a backup.
Use a computer to wipe all content and settings from iPhone
You can use a Mac or Windows PC to erase all data and settings from your iPhone, restore iPhone to factory settings, and install the latest version of iOS. For example, if you can’t open Settings on iPhone, you can use this approach to restore iPhone to factory settings.
Before iPhone is erased, you have the option to back it up. If you make a backup, you can use the backup to restore your data and settings on your iPhone or on a new device.
- Connect iPhone and your computer with a cable.
- Do one of the following:
- On a Mac: In the Finder sidebar, select your iPhone, click General at the top of the window, then click Restore iPhone.To use the Finder to restore iPhone to factory settings, macOS 10.15 or later is required. With earlier versions of macOS, use iTunes to restore iPhone.
- On a Windows PC: Install or update to the latest version of iTunes on your PC. Open iTunes, click the iPhone button near the top left of the iTunes window, click Summary, then click Restore iPhone.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
Read Also: Bleacher Report Activate Firestick, weathergroup com Activate Firestick, Free 12 Digit Redeem Code PS4 Fortnite 2023, How can I activate Mobile Net Banking in Canara Bank?, https //vimeo.com/activate Apple TV