How to Get Clips from Youtube :
Clips are a new way for you and your fans to share favourite moments from your videos and live streams. With Clips, you and your fans can share 5 to 60 seconds of your existing content to highlight that must-watch moment. Clips will have their own shareable links, but they don’t create new videos – they’re only pointers to existing videos or streams. The clipped segment will play and loop on the underlying watch page, and anyone who watches the clip can easily check out your full video or stream. All metrics, like views, watch time and ad revenue, will be attributed to your original video.
Have you ever watched a livestream and wished you could share a moment from it with a friend? With Clips, you can turn moments from your favorite videos and livestreams into 5- to 60-second clips that play on a loop. Share your Clips on social or even text them to friends!
Look for the scissor icon on any video or livestream, and check out Clips today.
Catch the biggest gaming moments and your favorite creators with the YouTube app on your phone, tablet, smart TV, or computer at YouTube.com/Gaming
Create and share a clip
Clips are between 5-60 seconds long and are played on a loop from the original video’s watch page.
- Sign in to YouTube. You need to be signed in to create a clip.
- Start watching a video.
- Under the video, click the Clip . If you don’t see this, the video isn’t eligible for clips.
- A create clip box will show up.
- Select the section of the video you’d like to clip. You can increase (maximum of 60 seconds) or decrease (minimum of 5 seconds) the length of your selection by dragging the slider.
- Give the clip a title (max 140 characters).
- Click SHARE CLIP.
- Choose an option for sharing the clip:
- Social networks: Click a social network icon (for example, Facebook or Twitter) to share the video there.
- Embed: Click the Embed button to generate a code you can use to embed the video in a website.
- Email: Choose the email icon to send an email using the default email software on your computer.
- Copy the link: Click the COPY button to copy a link to the video that you can paste somewhere else, like in an email message.
Don’t allow viewers to clip your content
Creators can prevent others from making and sharing clips of their videos on YouTube. Here’s how:
- Sign in to YouTube.
- Go to studio.youtube.com.
- From the left, click Settings.
- Click Channel.
- Click Advanced Settings, and under “Clips,” check Don’t allow viewers to clip my content.
Clips can’t be made from:
- Videos made for kids
- Live streams without DVR
- Live streams over 8 hours long
- Premieres while they’re still live