How To Activate Airtel SIM : Steps to activate your new 4G or 5G SIM
To activate your new Airtel SIM, SMS SIM <20-digit SIM card number of your new SIM> to 121. Now you will receive a confirmation SMS in your inbox. Reply with 1 and listen to the confirmation call you receive immediately and give your consent by replying with 1.
Postpaid is a telecom service plan where you are billed a predetermined amount at the end of the month of usage. The month is called the billing cycle and may not refer to a calendar month.
The main difference between prepaid and postpaid is that for the prepaid connection you recharge before the usage of the telecom services and in the postpaid connection you pay after the usage.
Which is the best plan for me?
The answer to this depends upon the usage that you have. All Airtel Postpaid plans have unlimited calling, daily SMS and a bundle of data (that can be carried forward to next month up to 200GB if not used) You can choose the one that fits your needs. Check out the available plans here:
How can I upgrade my SIM to Airtel 4G SIM?
You can upgrade to Airtel 4G SIM easily by registering your details here to receive the new Airtel 4G SIM at your doorstep. The new SIM will be sent to you soon and will also have instructions on how to activate the SIM with your number.
How can I activate my new 4G SIM? (existing Airtel user)
Here are the steps to activate your new 4G SIM:
- SMS SIM <20-digit SIM card number of your new SIM> to 121.
- You will receive a confirmation SMS in your inbox. Reply with 1.
- Listen to the confirmation call you receive immediately and give your consent by replying with 1.
Please note, for safety of your account, SMS service remains blocked for 24 hrs post SIM change.
How can I switch to Airtel?
Here are the steps to switch to Airtel with zero activation fee:
- Visit us at: airtel.in/mnp
- Select your preferred plan by clicking on “buy now” and enter your details to schedule KYC pickup & SIM delivery
- Generate your porting code or UPC by sending a short SMS “PORT to 1900 You will receive the code via SMS from 1901. Please note that the code is valid only for 4 days
- Our executive will visit your location at the selected time slot for SIM delivery and activation
- Keep your documents handy for identity and address proof. Check list of valid docs here.
- Share unique port-in code, valid address & identity proofs with our executive.
- It will take us around 48 hours (within same state) & 4 days (interstate) to switch the number from your current operator to Airtel.
- You can track real time status of your order on latest version of Airtel Thanks app. Click here to download and login through your port-in number.
- Generate Unique Porting Code (or UPC) by sending an SMS PORT to 1900
- You will receive the code via SMS from 1901. Please note that the code is valid only for 4 days* Visit the nearest Airtel store with your documents to complete the KYC and get FREE SIM. For list of required documents, click here
- Share unique port-in code, valid address & identity proofs with our Airtel Friend at the store
- Relax. Your SIM will be activated within 48 hrs (subject to successful address verification)
- You can track real time status of your order on latest version of Airtel Thanks app. Click here to download and login through your port-in number
How to switch from Airtel Prepaid to Postpaid?
To switch from Airtel prepaid to Airtel postpaid, all that you need to do is;
- Go to the Airtel website: here
- Click on the Prepaid dropdown and then click on the “Switch prepaid to postpaid page”
- Once you choose the plan that you would like to opt for, fill up all your details on the form.
Post verification, your plan will automatically be converted to Airtel postpaid in 1-2 business days.
How can I pay the Airtel postpaid bill after port in to Airtel?
Here are the easy ways to pay your Airtel Postpaid bill:
- Airtel Thanks App: link
- Airtel website: www.airtel.in
- Nearest Airtel Store: For store location, visit www.airtel.in/store
- Opt for Standing Instructions from your credit card account: www.airtel.in/si/postpaid
- Opt for NACH for auto debit from your bank account: Visit the Airtel store for this.
What are the new guidelines for MNP process?
Here are the MNP guidelines as per the TRAI directive effective from 16th Dec 2019:
- The overall time for porting within the same state has been reduced from 96 hrs to 48 hrs.
- There is no change in the porting timeline for national MNP [porting to different state]
- UPC will get generated only post validation of your account
- The UPC will get delivered within 5 min of placing a request via SMS
- The validity for UPC has been reduced from 15 days to 4 days
- You can also cancel your port-out request within 24 hrs of document submission
- In case the payment is overdue with the previous operator, the mobile number will be disconnected from the current operator even after port-in is done
- In such a scenario, the number can be re-activated ONLY if the payment is done within 60 days of the service disconnection
How to deactivate Airtel postpaid SIM?
To deactivate an Airtel postpaid SIM, you can clear the outstanding dues and send an email to email@example.com or call the dedicated helpline 1800-103-0405 to file a request for termination.