How can I activate an Axis Bank debit card for international use?
There are a number of ways to activate your Axis bank debit card for international use.
I’m detailing the one that I followed and I find this the most convenient since it does not require you to physically visit the bank branch (nobody wants to do this in 2019 :p).
Follow the below steps on how to activate Axis bank debit card for international use.
- Log in to your Axis bank net banking account.
- Hover over to the Accounts tab and then click on “My debit cards”.
- Next, select the debit card you wish to activate international use for and look for the International usage status there.
- If you find the international status to be Non-Active for the particular selected card, click on the “More Services” drop-down menu and select “Change usage Preference”.
- In the next window, you’ll be asked to proceed with the change in the usage preference you’ve selected.
- Confirm your details and your axis bank debit card activation process for international usage is now complete.
You might expect this change of preference to reflect within 48 hours.
Alternatively, if you do not have access to Axis bank net banking you can always visit the nearest bank branch and ask the bank representative to activate international usage on the debit card.
Also, you can call up the tollfree customer care and ask for support on this.