Healthfirst OTC Card 2023 : myhfny.org Activate OTC Card
New OTC Plus Card allowance can be used for items to promote a healthy lifestyle, from over-the-counter medications to healthy foods, Internet service, and fitness equipment and trackers
The OTC Plus card is available with Healthfirst’s Life Improvement Plan and CompleteCare plan.
Health insurance can help you stay healthy. Even if you’re in good health, health insurance can help you get access to primary care, to emergency treatment, and to free preventive services. You never know when an accident might happen, or if you’ll get sick and need to go to the hospital. If and when that day comes, the costs could be too expensive, and you and your family might not be able to afford the care you need. That’s where health insurance comes in. It’s good for your health, your wallet, and your future.
Healthfirst is a not-for-profit community organization sponsored by some of the most prestigious and nationally recognized hospitals and medical centers in New York. With more than a million members and growing, Healthfirst has been serving communities in New York City for more than 25 years.
With access to thousands of doctors and specialists, you’re sure to find the service you need nearby. Each of our community offices is fully staffed with representatives who can answer questions—in many different languages—about our health insurance plans and programs, whether you’re a member or not.
Healthfirst plans with an OTC Plus card:
- Life Improvement Plan (HMO D-SNP)
- CompleteCare Plan (HMO D-SNP)
- Increased Benefits Plan (HMO)
Any unused balance will automatically expire at the end of each month/quarter, or upon disenrollment from the plan.
myhfny.org Activate Card
Activate your card
You’ll need to provide:
- The OTC Plus/OTC card number on the front of the card
- Your Healthfirst Medicare plan Member ID card number
- Your birthdate (two-digit month, two-digit day, and four-digit year; for example, 05/20/1955)
Visit a participating location (in person or online)
Take your activated Healthfirst OTC Plus/OTC card to a participating store and select the approved items you want to purchase.
You can use your Healthfirst OTC Plus card at locations such as:
- Retailers, including Duane Reade, Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, Family Dollar
- Many local independent pharmacies
- Home-delivery options through NationsOTC or Mom’s Meals
- GrowNYC locations
- For guidance on how to use your OTC Plus card at farmers’ markets, visit the information stand on site
You can use your Healthfirst OTC card at locations such as:
- Retailers like Duane Reade, Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, and Family Dollar
- Many local independent pharmacies
For a complete list of participating pharmacies and retailers, visit MyHFNY.org or call our Member Services Representatives at 1-888-260-1010 (TTY 1-888-542-3821), or for Signature (HMO) Member Services team, call 1-855-771-1081 (TTY 1-888-542-3821), 7 days a week, 8am–8pm (October through March) and Monday to Friday, 8am–8pm (April through September).
Pay for your items
At local retailers, take your items to the checkout lanes. When you check out, swipe your OTC Plus/OTC card for payment. Purchases of approved items are automatically deducted from your card balance.
Bring your OTC Plus/OTC card with you, as you cannot use your Healthfirst Member ID card or Medicare card to purchase OTC items.
When you shop online, remember to enter your OTC Plus/OTC card’s 16-digit number.
Healthfirst: Member Portal Login
The easiest way to enroll in a Healthfirst plan is to contact @ https://healthfirst.org/contact/ . The sales reps can guide you to the best plan for you and ease the enrollment process.
What do I need to apply for a Healthfirst insurance plan?
Here’s what you need to apply for a Healthfirst insurance plan:
- Proof of age, such as your birth certificate
- Proof of United States citizenship or legal resident status
- Proof of current income (e.g., pay stubs if you’re working)
- Proof of income, from any of the following:
- Social Security
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans’ Benefits (VA)
- Health insurance benefit card or the policy (if you have any other health insurance)
- Proof of where you live
- Rent receipt
- Mortgage statement
- Mail with your address on it
myhfny.org Activate Card Login :
You can sign up for health insurance coverage during Open Enrollment. Please note that certain plans have specific enrollment periods to sign up or switch plans.
However, you can enroll outside the Open Enrollment Period if you’ve had a Qualifying Life Event (QLE). These include:
- A change in family size (birth or adoption)
- Marital status change (marriage, annulment, legal separation, divorce, death of a spouse)
- Job loss or change
- Losing your insurance or more
For a complete list of participating pharmacies and retailers, you can:
- Log into MyHFNY.org
- Call Member Services at 1-888-260-1010
(TTY English:1-888-542-3821, TTY Español: 1-888-867-4132), 7 days a week, 8am–8pm (October through March) and Monday to Friday, 8am–8pm (April through September)
When will I receive my member ID card?
- For any plan with a premium, your Member ID card will be mailed after the initial payment (known as a binder payment) has been made
- For any plan without a premium, your Member ID card will be mailed upon enrollment
- You can also print a temporary Member ID card from your secure Healthfirst account
What is NY State of Health (NYSOH)?
On the NY State of Health website, you can:
- Compare plans and choose the one that best fits your needs and budget
- Fill out an application to enroll in any plan offered
- Get help online, over the phone, or in person. If you need help enrolling, please call Healthfirst at 1-888-250-2220, Monday to Friday, 8am–8pm.
- You can find out which tax credits and other subsidies you may be eligible for to help lower the cost of your healthcare
People without internet access can also call the NY State of Health customer service center at 1-855-355-5777.
How can I pay my premium?
Premium payments can be made online through your secure Healthfirst account at https://myhfny.org/. You can also pay our premium via mail, phone, or in person at one of our community offices. For more information, visit Pay My Bill.
Premium payments are due by the 1st of each month except for Child Health Plus payments which are due the last day of the month. You’ll receive an invoice in the mail every month that contains more detail.