Google.com/verifymybusiness : How to verify your business on Google
To update your business name and other info on Google, you must first verify your business. When you verify your business, check that your business info is accurate and that you’re the only one who can edit it.
Verify for the first time
- Add or claim your Business Profile on Google.
- When you add or claim your profile, we offer you one or more verification methods, like phone, text, email and video.
- We may require you to verify by more than one method.
- Available methods vary depending on factors that can include business category, publicly available info, region, support hours and volumes.
- Pick your verification method.
- Often, we need to review verifications. These manual reviews help maintain the integrity of all profiles. They can take up to seven working days.
- When you’re verified, you get a notification.
- If we can’t verify your business via the first-used method, the ‘Get verified’ button returns. You can use a different verification method.
- After you verify:
- It can take a few weeks for your updated business info to show across Google.
- You can update and add to your info at any time.
- You can connect with your customers through your profile.
Find your profile
- On Google Search, search for ‘my business’.
- On Google Search or Maps, search for your business name and city.
- In your Google Maps app, in the top right, tap your profile photo or initial Your Business Profile.
Re-verify after info changes
To maintain high-quality business info, Google may sometimes ask a verified business to verify again. A change in the info that you gave us about your business can cause this re-verification. We might also ask you to update business info or give more details about your business.
To re-verify your business, go to your verified Business Profile and follow the steps.
Important: To get your verification code, make sure that you can directly answer your business phone number or receive texts. Interactive Voice Response (IVR) systems won’t get the code.
- Go to your Business Profile.
- Click Get verified Phone or SMS.
- Answer the call or get the text with the code.
- Enter the code into your profile.
Important: Make sure that you can use the email address in the verification screen.
- Go to your Business Profile.
- Click Get verified Email.
- Receive the email and follow its steps.
Important: You can delete your video at any time, for any reason. We use these videos for verification and abuse-prevention only. If you cancel a video upload, neither you nor Google will have access to the video.
Step 1: Add your video
- Plan your video. In one continuous recording, include:
- Your current location. To show your Google Maps location, capture outside signs, like your street’s name, nearby businesses or the area around your business.
- Business or equipment. To show that your business is at this Google Maps location, capture your operations, like stock for sale, branded equipment, marketing materials or tools that you use to serve your customers.
- Proof of management. To show that you’re authorised to represent your business, capture your access to employee-only items or areas, like a point of sale, kitchen, storage room, non-sensitive business documents or use your keys to open your facility.
- On your mobile device, go to your Business Profile.
- Tip: If you start verification on a computer, you can scan a QR code to continue on your mobile device.
- Tap Get verified Capture video.
- Tap Start recording. Follow the steps and record your video.
- Tap Stop recording Upload video.
Step 2: Await review
After you upload your video, we review it. Reviews can take up to five working days.
- If you’re verified, you get a notification.
- If we can’t verify your business via the video, the ‘Get verified’ button returns. You can use a different verification option.
Step 3: Delete your video
- On Google Search, go to your Business Profile.
- In the top right of your profile, click More Advanced settings Video uploads Delete videos.
Step 1: Get ready for the call
- Check that you’re within support hours for your region and language.
- Confirm that you have a mobile device that can join a live video call. Our support representative helps you join the call.
- Confirm that you’re at your business and can demonstrate your location and ownership during the video call. For example:
- Your current location. To show your Google Maps location, show outside signs, like your street’s name, nearby businesses or the area around your business.
- Business or equipment. To show that your business is at this Google Maps location, show your operations, like stock for sale, branded equipment, marketing materials or tools that you use to serve your customers.
- Proof of management. To show that you’re authorised to represent your business, show your access to employee-only items or areas, like a point of sale, kitchen, storage room, non-sensitive business documents or use your keys to open your facility.
If you verify by post, we send you a postcard with a unique verification code. To confirm that your business is at the listed address, you enter your unique code.
While you wait for your verification postcard:
- Don’t edit your business name, address or category.
- Don’t request a new code.
If you edit your info or request a new code, we cancel the code on the postcard in the post and send a new postcard. This step helps protect the integrity of your profile.
Each verification code that you get is unique to your business and the location for which you requested verification. If you update your business address, only the code requested for your current address works. Verification codes expire after 30 days.
Instant verification methods
Rarely, we can immediately confirm that a specific Google Account owns a specific Business Profile. If this happens, we instantly verify your profile.
- If you verify your website with Google Search Console, your profile might get instant verification.
- Already use Search Console: If you verify your matching website before you add or claim your profile, no ‘Get verified’ prompt shows. You can immediately edit your profile and connect with customers.
- New to Search Console: If you verify your matching website after you add or claim your profile, click Get verified. Then you can instantly edit your profile and connect with customers.
Add your business through Google Maps
- On your computer, sign in to Google Maps.
- You can add your business in three ways:
- Enter your address in the search bar. On the left, in the Business Profile, click Add your business.
- Right-click anywhere on the map. Then, click Add your business.
- In the top left, click Menu Add your business.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish signing up for your Business Profile.
Claim your business through Google Maps
- On your computer, open Google Maps.
- In the search bar, enter the business name.
- Click the business name and choose the correct one.
- Click Claim this business Manage now.
- To choose a different business, click I own or manage another business.
- Select a verification option, and follow the on-screen steps.