g.co/yourfamily Login : Unlock your child’s device – Google For Families
You can use your Parent account password to do things like stop bedtime or remove your child’s Google account from their device if it’s connected to the internet.
To unlock your child’s device with a parent account password
- On your child’s device, click Parent Access.
- Enter the password for the parent’s account used to supervise the child.
- If you don’t see the password option: Make sure the child’s device is turned on and connected to the internet.
- Click Next.
If you forget your Google account password, learn how to reset it here:
Unlock your child’s device with parent access
- To unlock your child’s device, you can also use parent access. You get an access code in the Family Link app or on the web. You won’t receive this number through email or SMS.
- Enter this one-time use only number into the child’s device before the code expires.
Tip: You can also manage your child’s account when you click on your child’s name at g.co/YourFamily.
Get parent access in the Family Link app
- On your device, open Family Link .
- At the top left, tap Menu Parent access.
- The code changes every few minutes.
Tip: If you have trouble when you use parent access, make sure your device’s clock is set correctly.
Transfer Play Balance from your child’s account
A child under 13 (or the applicable age in your country) can’t manage their own payments profile. If your child has an existing payments profile, it will be closed. Your child’s Google Play credits (not including promotional Play balance) will be transferred to their family manager’s account. If any issues occur, you can fill out the form below to request a transfer of any Google Play credits. The family manager must have an open payments profile in order to complete the transfer.
- You must be the family manager for your child’s account to complete these steps. If you’re not, ask your child’s family manager to follow the steps below.
- If the family manager doesn’t already have a Google Pay account, they will need to create one here.
- To transfer your child’s Google Play credits and YouTube gift card balance to a family manager’s Google Pay account, click Transfer Pay Balance then fill out the form.
- If you do not see “Transfer Pay Balance” below, make sure you are signed in to the correct account. Switch accounts.