cricketwireless.com Hotspot: Mobile WiFi Hotspot Feature – Cricket Wireless
Tethering feature that enables sharing of high-speed data allowance among multiple Wi-Fi capable devices. Eligible phone and a qualifying Cricket rate plan required.
An Eligible Phone
Own an eligible Cricket phone, or choose from the ones below.
A Qualifying Plan
Current Cricket Unlimited plans qualify.*
To Add Mobile Hotspot
Tether your phone via Wi-Fi or USB to up to six devices at a time.
How to Set Up a Mobile Hotspot
Now that you have added the Mobile Hotspot feature to your phone plan, it’s time to start using it! Haven’t added Mobile Hotspot yet? You’ll need an eligible phone and rate plan. Learn more about Mobile Hotspot and get started!
Need Help Setting Up Mobile Hotspot?
The option to turn your Hotspot on can be found in your phone’s settings. Depending on operating system and phone brand, the feature might be called any of the following:
- Mobile Hotspot
- Personal Hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Internet Sharing
Your phone should give you steps to take once you find the feature in your settings. You can also find device-specific user guides:
- Visit Cricket’s Device and Accessories support page
- Find your phone listed by brand, then model name.
- Click on the link for your preferred User Guide (English or Spanish).
- Look in the table of contents for instructions on setting up Mobile Hotspot.
- Phone manufacturers might use different terms in their instructions. Try searching for Hotspot or tethering if you are having trouble.
How to Manage your Mobile Hotspot Settings
- Manage the number of devices that can be connected to your Hotspot. Cricket provides the ability to tether among multiple devices at the same time, however this number varies by phone. Keep in mind the more devices you tether, the more Hotspot data you use.
- Customize your password to keep your Mobile Hotspot connection secure.
- Some phones let you manage how long Mobile Hotspot can stay inactive before it automatically turns off.
What are the Feature Costs and Data Impacts for Using Mobile Hotspot?
- The Mobile Hotspot feature is available on eligible plans for $10/month.
- Every device you connect will use the high-speed data from your rate plan’s allowance unless you’re connected to Wi-Fi. High-speed data usage for Mobile Hotspot is combined with data usage from your mobile phone.
- Tip: Use the Cricket Wi-Fi Manager app to save more of your high speed data
- If you’re on one of the Cricket Unlimited plans, Mobile Hotspot data is limited to 10 GB each month. After 10 GB of usage, Mobile Hotspot data speeds slowed to max of 128 Kbps for the rest of bill cycle.
- Check your data usage at any time online or on the myCricket app on your mobile phone.
- If you’re not on one of the Unlimited plans, you can always add 1GB of high-speed data access for $10, or upgrade your plan.
Mobile Hotspot Troubleshooting
Ensure that you have Mobile Hotspot enabled on your phone:
- Android – From the home screen > Select Settings > More Networks > Tethering and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Windows – From the home screen > Select Settings > Internet Sharing > Turn Sharing On
I don’t know if Mobile Hotspot is on my account.
Go to My Account online or open the myCricket app on your mobile phone to confirm the Mobile Hotspot feature is attached to a phone number on your account. The feature will be listed in your account details is you have it.
- Yes – Go to phone settings and turn on Mobile Hotspot.
- No – Visit My Account online or use the myCricket app and add the Mobile Hotspot feature for $10/mo, or visit a retail store.
I need to keep my Mobile Hotspot secure from unauthorized access.
It is recommended that you set up Mobile Hotspot security (WPA2 is the most secure), including password.
- Go to Apps > Settings > More > Mobile Hotspot on your phone. Note: These steps may vary depending on your network or phone.
- Your phone turns off Wi-Fi and uses the mobile network for Internet access.
- Touch Set up Mobile Hotspot to set up security.
- Network SSID: Enter a unique name for your hotspot.
- Security: Select the type of security you want: Open or WPA2. For WPA2, enter a unique password that others will need to access your Wi-Fi hotspot. Note: WPA2 is recommended by IEEE.
- Password: Create a password with at least eight characters.
- Select SAVE.
- Refer to your phone’s user guide if you have further questions. Visit www.cricketwireless.com/support/devices-and-accessories.html to find your phone listed by brand and model name, then click on the link for your preferred User Guide in English or Spanish.