CBS Sports Activate Apple TV Not Working: How can I fix streaming issues on my Apple TV?
Once you’ve launched CBS on Apple TV Select “Sign in with TV Provider”, click “Continue”. You’ll see an access code displayed on your TV screen. Visit cbs.com/tv/appletv on your computer or mobile web browser and enter the on-screen.
Stream live sports from CBS, CBS Sports Network and Paramount+, all in one app. The CBS Sports app gives you front-row access to the NFL, UEFA Champions & Europa Leagues, the Masters, the PGA Championship & select PGA Tour Events, SEC Football, NCAA Basketball, the National Women’s Soccer League, WNBA, and more!
CBS Sports Activate on Apple TV (4th generation and later)
Once you’ve launched CBS on Apple TV:
- Select “Sign in with TV Provider”, click “Continue”. You’ll see an access code displayed on your TV screen.
- Visit cbs.com/tv/appletv on your computer or mobile web browser and enter the on-screen access code, then click “Activate.” Your connected device screen will refresh.
- Choose your TV provider.
- Sign in with your TV provider username and password.
- Once you’ve signed in, click “Start Watching” to begin streaming your local CBS station, plus the latest episodes on demand.
CBS Sports Activate Apple TV Not Working
Apple TV Tips
STEP 1: Force close the CBS app
Using Siri Remote
- While on the Home screen, double-click the “Home” button on the Siri Remote.
- Swipe to the right on the touch surface to find the CBS app.
- Swipe up on the touch surface to force the app to close.
STEP 2: Restart your Apple TV via Settings, using your remote or unplugging it from power.
Go to Settings > System > Restart.
Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote:* Hold down the Home and Menu buttons.
Let go when the light on your device flashes.
Unplug Apple TV
If the Settings menu and your remote don’t restart your device, unplug your
Apple TV from power. Wait six seconds, then plug it back in.
Step 3: Reboot router
Power-cycle your router by unplugging the power cord (Note: if you have a separate modem, unplug the power to the modem first), waiting approximately 10 seconds, and plug it back in (plug the modem back in before the router, if applicable). When your router has completely re-powered (usually after a few minutes), reconnect your streaming
device and test streaming once more.
STEP 4: Uninstall and reinstall the CBS app on your Apple TV
With an app’s icon highlighted, press and hold the trackpad on the Apple TV remote until the icon begins wiggling. Next, press the Play/Pause button on the remote. Confirm you want to delete the app on the following screen.