cashassistance.gateway.ga.gov Login : Cash Assistance to Medicaid, PeachCare
Governor Brian P. Kemp recently announced that he has dedicated more than $1 billion to the Department of Human Services to provide cash assistance of up to $350 for active enrollees of Medicaid, PeachCare for Kids®, SNAP, and/or TANF. Georgians who are enrolled in more than one of these programs will only receive one cash assistance payment.
Official Website Login: https://cashassistance.gateway.ga.gov/sign-in
Who is eligible to receive a Cash Assistance program prepaid card?
You must have been enrolled and actively receiving Medicaid, PeachCare for Kids®, SNAP, and/or TANF benefits on July 31, 2022, to be eligible. If you’re not sure if you’re eligible, you can visit gateway.ga.gov and navigate to the “Check My Benefits – Case Selection” page. It will display whether you and/or any household member(s) are eligible or ineligible.
When will I receive the prepaid card?
If you have opted to receive email only or email and U.S. mail communications in Gateway, you will receive your virtual prepaid card by email no later than October 11. The email will come from do********@ga*****.gov. If you have opted to receive U.S. mail only communications, you will receive a physical prepaid card in mid-October
|Cash Assistance||Department of Human Services|
|Article Name||cashassistance.gateway.ga.gov Activate Card|
|Cash Assistance Portal||cashassistance.gateway.ga.gov|
|Help Line Number||1-877-423-4746|
|How to Apply||http://www.compass.state.pa.us/|
|Official Website Login||https://cashassistance.gateway.ga.gov/sign-in|
How to Apply
You can apply for benefits and renew benefits by using COMPASS, the online resource for cash assistance, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), child care, health care coverage, home heating assistance (LIHEAP), school meals, SelectPlan for Women and long-term living services. You can also:
- File an application at your local County Assistance Office; or
- Download an application form from the Web (below) and return it to your local County Assistance Office:
- Application for cash assistance, SNAP and Medical Assistance Benefits (English version)
- Solicitud para recibir beneficios (Version Espanola)
If you need help completing the application form or need more information about benefits, trained County Assistance Office staff can help you.
- What information is needed to redeem the prepaid card? You will need your client ID and date of birth to redeem your card. If you have more than one eligible person in your household, make sure you use the client ID and date of birth for the person the email was addressed to.
- How do I find my client ID? Your client ID is available in your Gateway account. Once you have logged in, your client ID will be displayed under “My Benefits Summary” in the one-time cash assistance table.
- What happens if I can’t access the email the prepaid card initially went to, and if I update it in Gateway will the card come to the new email? Yes, please go in and make sure you have the correct email listed in Gateway in the “Notifications” screen.
Use Georgia Gateway to apply online for benefits
Georgia Gateway is the state government’s web portal for accessing assistance programs. When you create an account, you can apply for or renew benefits, upload documents, and report changes to your case.
Use Georgia Gateway if you want to access programs such as:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Medical Assistance, such as Medicaid and PeachCare for Kids
- Childcare and Parent Services (CAPS)
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Refugee Cash Assistance
Georgia Gateway is offered in multiple languages. There is no cost to apply for benefits through Georgia Gateway.
If you have trouble while using Georgia Gateway, please call the Online Services hotline at 1-877-423-4746. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, call GA Relay at 1-800-255-0135.
Obtain benefit and office hours information at the websites below.
Department of Family & Children Services (DFCS) at https://dfcs.georgia.gov/services
Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) at https://dph.georgia.gov/WIC
Department of Early Care and Learning (DECAL) at http://decal.ga.gov/
Obtain COVID-19 Medical Assistance and PeachCare for Kids information and updates at the websites below.
Medical Assistance renewals: Department of Family and Children Services (DFCS) at https://dfcs.georgia.gov/services
PeachCare for Kids renewals and premium waivers: DCH PeachCare for Kids at https://dch.georgia.gov/peachcare-kids
If my Cash Assistance ends, what happens to my family’s health care coverage?
Your family may be eligible to receive free or low-cost health care coverage, even if you no longer receive cash assistance. In fact, you and your family automatically remain eligible for Medical Assistance (MA)/Medicaid for at least six months after you start working, no matter how much money you make. Additionally, your children might remain eligible for Medicaid even after you no longer qualify. These programs can help working families:
- Medicaid, also called Medical Assistance, offers free health care coverage to children and adults.
- Eligibility is based on your family size and income, and the age of your children.
- If you are eligible, you do not have to pay any premiums. Some services may have very low co-payments.
- Benefits may include check-ups, hospital stays, shots, prescriptions, and dental, and vision coverage. Under Medicaid, all medically necessary services for children are covered.
Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- CHIP offers free or low-cost health insurance for children under age 19 whose families are not eligible for Medicaid.
- Benefits include check ups, hospital stays, shots, prescriptions, and dental, vision and hearing services.
- If you have questions, visit www.chipcoverspakids.com, call 1-800-986-5437 or ask your caseworker for information.
SOLVE (Supporting Onsite Learning for Virtual Education) Scholarship: Change Reporting
To report changes on your existing approved SOLVE Scholarship, complete the information below. If you are reporting a change in your provider and need help locating a provider, visit http://qualityrated.org/. Contact the provider before submitting your request to ensure space is available for your child/young adult.
Contact at 1-833-4GACAPS (1-833-442-2277) if:
- You are not able to locate your existing SOLVE Scholarship number.
- You need to report additional changes in your circumstances.
- You need to report a change on a pending SOLVE Scholarship.
Provider changes on approved SOLVE Scholarships will be effective the following Monday unless you elect to start new scholarships at a later date. Current scholarships will end with the existing provider upon the creation of a new scholarship.
Registration fees are allowed at initial eligibility. Additional registration fees may be permitted under limited circumstances, such as a provider closure.