Canada Day 2021 :
Canada Day (French: Fête du Canada) is the national day of Canada. A federal statutory holiday, it celebrates the anniversary of Canadian Confederation which occurred on July 1, 1867, with the passing of the Constitution Act, 1867 where the three separate colonies of Canada, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick were united into a single Dominion within the British Empire called Canada.
Originally called Dominion Day (French: Le Jour de la Confédération), the holiday was renamed in 1982 when the Canadian Constitution was patriated by the Canada Act 1982. Canada Day celebrations take place throughout the country, as well as in various locations around the world attended by Canadians living abroad
Today’s Doodle celebrates Canada Day, previously known as “Dominion Day.” On this day in 1867, the British North American act joined the three individual territories of Canada, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick to form the unified Dominion of Canada. With the Canada Act of 1982, the country gained complete independence from Britain, and the observance was officially renamed Canada Day (Fête du Canada).
Across the 13 provinces and territories that comprise Canada today, annual celebrations include parades, fireworks displays, and the prominent display of the national colors of red and white. These colors adorn national symbols including the coat of arms and national flag. In today’s Doodle artwork, the latter of these can be seen clutched by another well-known Canadian ambassador: the beaver.
As the emblematic species first appeared on a Nova Scotian coat of arms in 1621, this semi-aquatic animal has been a representative of the North American nation longer than the maple leaf! Today, the beaver is protected by the 1975 National Symbol of Canada act and extensive conservation efforts, allowing the population of millions to thrive “A Mari usque ad Mare”—Canada’s official Latin motto, which translates to “from to sea to sea.”
Happy Canada Day!
Happy Canada Day Quotes
- It’s never too cold outside for Canada Day! Get together with family and friends and share the warmth for our great country. Happy Canada Day 2021!
- On First Canada Day, Canada Became Its Own Great Kingdom. These Days, Canada Becomes Its Own Great Party! Have Fun and Enjoy Canada Day 2021!
- We demand that the government of Canada force Stockwell Day to change his first name to Doris. Why do this, you may ask? Because it’ll be fun. – Author: Rick Mercer
- The fans in Canada have been there since day one. They’re the originals. When people say that’s your roots, that’s literally my roots. I’ve just cut this tree off and replanted it somewhere else and it started growing. But the roots are there. – Author: Russell Peters
- When you think about the day-to-day, positive impact on the lives of U.S. citizens, there is no relationship that we have in the world that is more important than our relationship with Canada. – Author: Paul Cellucci
- The day Apollo 11 landed, I knew men would walk on Mars in my lifetime. I’m no longer nearly so sure. The last budget put forward in Canada contained not a penny for Mars. – Author: Spider Robinson
- I have great, fond memories of Canada. I feel that one day my bones will more than likely end up there. – Author: Aden Young
- Gorgeous day here in Chicago. Sure is better than Canada. – Author: CM Punk
- Canada evolved within the British Empire: it inherited the Parliamentary system, the Cabinet system and all the other features of the British constitutional system which had been in place, for the most part, for several centuries before Canada was even thought of. – Author: Stockwell Day
- Canada is founded upon principles that recognize the supremacy of God and the rule of law. – Author: Stockwell Day
- There is $1.4 billion a day in trade that goes back and forth across the border. That means millions of jobs and livelihoods for families here in Canada and for families in the United States. – Author: Paul Cellucci