bravotv.com Link Activate Roku Enter Code for Login: Bravo TV Activate on FireStick
The code will be present on the TV screen to which the streaming device is connected. Now, you have to visit www.bravotv.com/activate to enter the activation code. Most importantly, you have to log in to the TV provider and then click the Activate now option to start with the activation process
You will need an active high-speed or wireless Internet connection to access full episodes from your desktop or laptop computer, and the Bravo Now app from your mobile or tablet device.
Here are the steps to activating it if you have a Roku device:
- Connect your Roku device to the HDMI port on your TV
- Turn on your TV & Roku Player and make sure it is connected to the internet
- After that, you have to enter your Roku sign-in credentials to access Roku streaming player on TV.
- Go to Roku Home page and scroll down to select Streaming channel option. It will take you to the Roku Channel Store.
- Head over to search box and type Bravo. Select the Bravo app from the suggestion list.
- Select Add channel from the Bravo app information page. Wait for a few minutes the app will begin to download and install automatically on your Roku device
- On the very next screen click on Go to Channel to launch the app on your Roku device.
- Now the Bravo Activation code is displayed on your TV screen.
- Open the web browser on your computer and enter the following URL in the search bar: http://www.bravotv.com/activate/roku.
- Now the Bravo activation page is opened. Here enter the Activation code and click Go.
After adding Bravo to Roku channel list, it required cable or satellite subscription to access its contents. If you are looking for the best app to watch seasonal episodes and live TV, you should take a glance on the Bravo app. Apart from these, the only difficulty is, the Bravo app access is limited to the United States and its territories.
Now if you already have a tv with Roku built in then all you need to do is this:
- Go to the Roku channel store
- go to the search tab type in: bravo tv
- select the add channel option
- you will receive the add channel activation code on the screen, once you add the channel
- visit the bravo website, enter the code for the channel activation
- check whether that the channel icon is visible on the Roku screen
- then proceed to enjoy the streaming on the Bravo channel
If it proceeds you for the account creation, follow on the onscreen instruction to create the account. I hope this helped somewhat, good luck
Full episodes are currently supported on the following browsers:
- Google Chrome 10+
- Safari 7+ – Mac Only
- Firefox 13+
- Internet Explorer 10+
You will need to enable user cookies. Here are instructions to enable it in Chrome.
- Go to Chrome Settings by either typing chrome://settings/ in the browser locator or by clicking on Chrome –> Preferences in the menu bar.
- Make sure you are in the Settings page (see left menu navigation). Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Show Advanced Setting link, which will open up the privacy settings.
- Under the Privacy section click on the Content Settings button.
- In the Content Setting screen under the Cookies section make sure Allow local data to be set is selected and Block third-party cookies and site data is unselected.
Full Episode viewing is currently supported on the following Operating Systems:
- Windows 8.1, Windows 7
- OS X Mountain Lion, Mavericks and Yosemite
Why can’t I play videos when using Google Chrome?
If you are using Google Chrome and having trouble playing videos when you log in with your TV provider credentials, you might need to adjust your set Privacy settings.
- Click the Customize and Control Google Chrome button at the top right corner of the browser. Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the Content Settings button under Privacy.
- Scroll down to Unsandboxed plug-in access.
- Click the Allow all sites to use a plug-in to access your computer radio button.
- Once you’ve changed your settings, close all browser windows.
- Restart your browser and navigate to http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager08.html
- A page will appear with Protected Content Playback Settings panel. Press the Reset License Files button.
- Restart the browser, navigate to the site, log in, and enjoy.