Autodesk Software Activation Code : Activation Code to Authenticate your Autodesk Software
Before installing your Autodesk software, prepare your system and gather all the information you need.
- Check prerequisites.
- Check the system requirements.
- Verify that you’re using certified and recommended computer hardware.
- Read the release notes for the software that you’re installing.
- Get permission.
You need administrative permissions to install. To verify in Windows, select Control Panel > User Accounts > Manage User Accounts. On macOS, check System Preferences > Users & Groups to verify that you have Admin status.
- Install system updates and disable antivirus programs.
If you have pending operating system updates, install them and restart. Consider temporarily disabling antivirus programs, because they often interfere with installation.
- If necessary, locate your serial number and product key.
Usually, your software links to your Autodesk ID, without a serial number. But if your software came with a serial number, you need it and your product key to start your software. You can view the serial number in Autodesk Account or in your confirmation email.
- Close all running applications except the installer.
Determine whether you need an activation code
You need an activation code only if you have a stand-alone perpetual license or a stand-alone education license (student or educator) and no Internet access.
If you have Internet access, you don’t need an activation code. Just start your product and follow the instructions for signing in or entering a serial number.
In some cases, you need an activation code to authenticate your software.
You may need an activation code if:
- You’re offline and have a perpetual license for a standalone 2020 (or earlier) product.
- You have an education license and are offline.
To generate a request code with the product activation wizard
You see the screens for generating a request code in the product activation wizard only if your computer isn’t connected to the Internet. If your computer has an active Internet connection, the software will assume you want to activate online, and it won’t display the screens for a request code.
- Disable your Internet connection and start your software.
This is an offline process. The following screens appear only if your computer isn’t connected to the Internet.
- Click Activate on the Free Trial screen.
Note: Autodesk software products operate on a free trial license until you activate them. If you purchased your software and didn’t use it as a free trial, you still need to activate your software from the Free Trial screen. Your screen may look different depending on your product, but the process should be similar for all supported products.
- Enter your serial number and product key and click Next.
- Select “Request an activation code using an offline method” and click Next.
Note: You see this screen and option only if your computer has no active Internet connection. If your computer is connected to the Internet, the software will assume you want to activate automatically over the Internet, and you don’t see the screen for generating a request code.
- For future reference, keep a record of the activation information provided.
- Activate in one of the following ways:
- Enter the information at register.autodesk.com to get an activation code instantly.
- Complete the web request form using the link on the screen. (This request may take up to 48 hours.)
- Click Close to exit the wizard and resume using your software in trial mode.