Anime Expo Badge Activation : Los Angeles Anime Convention | Get Your Badge
Are you ready for Anime Expo? The first thing you’ll need is a badge, which comes with a nice lanyard, bag, and program guide. You’ll need to wear it at all times at Anime Expo. Complimentary badges are provided as a courtesy to those intending to do press coverage of Anime Expo. Press members may be freelance, or employed with a major media company.
A badge is the first thing you’ll need to get in order to attend Anime Expo. There are a few different types of badges:
• 4-Day: Best value! Use all four days to explore everything AX has to offer
• 1-Day: Can’t make it the whole weekend or just want to check out AX? Try the 1-Day badge!
• 4-Day Child: For ages 6-13; kids 5 and under are free. There are no 1-Day child badges.
• Premier Fan: The ultimate fan experience, this badge has extra perks like entering the Exhibit Hall early. Click here to learn more.
• Press: Complimentary badge for those intending to do press coverage. (Application required)
• Industry: Discounted badge for people who work in the industry. (Application required)
• Exhibitor: Only available for confirmed Exhibitors.
• Artist Alley: Only available for confirmed Artist Alley participants.
How do I activate my badge?
Step 1. Once you receive your badge, scan the QR code or log into your Showclix “My Tickets” account.
Step 2. Click on the “Manage Anime Expo 2022 Profile.”
Step 3. All of your badges will be located here. Click on “Activate Badge.”
Step 4. Find the badge activation number located on the back of the badge in ORANGE. Type in the last 8 characters only into the box and click “Activate.”
Step 5. Your ShowClix account will update to show that the badge has been successfully activated.
Repeat steps 2-5 for each badge until all have been activated.
Buying a badge onsite or day-of:
Onsite prices purchases will be higher than purchasing a badge online. If you still wish to purchase onsite, you may do so during registration hours on Days 1-4.
Transfer your Badge:
If you bought a badge for your friend, make sure you transfer the badge to their account!
Step 1: Log into your ShowClix account and click “Manage Anime Expo 2022 Profile”.
Step 2: Click the “Transfer Items” button.
Step 3: Enter the email address of the person you wish to transfer the badge to, then check the box next to the badge you will be transferring.
Step 4: Click on the “Transfer” button to complete.
Step 5: Lastly, the recipient will receive an email notifying them to accept the transferred badge.
Activate your Badge:
Once you receive your badge, whether shipped or at Badge Pick-Up, you will need to activate it. Step 1: Scan the QR code or log into Showclix “My Tickets” account
Step 2: Click on the “Manage Anime Expo 2022 Profile”.
Step 3: Click on “Activate Badge.”
Step 4: Find the activation number located on the back of the badge in RED. Type it into the box and click “Activate.”
Things to figure out before AX:
Budget: Check out our handy budget worksheet for help.
How to get to AX and where to stay: Anime Expo takes place in Downtown LA at the Los Angeles Convention Center and adjacent areas, such as JW Marriott and Microsoft Theater.
- Official Anime Expo Hotel Block: Partner hotels in the Downtown LA area offer a special rate for AX attendees, plus free shuttles to and from the convention center.
- Transportation Options: You can also compare options with GoLA.
Cosplay(s): Select the character(s), make a budget, and chart out a timeline well in advance so that you’re not up until 3 AM the day before AX crying over a wig that just won’t cooperate or a seam that you have to rip out and re-do for the third time. Trust us…It’s not a good way to start your AX weekend.
- Chart out your project with an app like Cosplanner.
- CosplayTutorial.com is a great resource with a plethora of information to help you get started.
- Be sure to review our Cosplay Guidelines and Weapons Policy to make sure that your cosplay is good to go for AX!
What do you want to do and see? With 800+ hours of programming, 400+ exhibitor booths, and 500+ Artist Alley participants, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. Try to plan out your day by making a list of things you want to check out and have backup plans in case you can’t get into your first-choice due to scheduling conflicts or limited capacity.
Anime Expo has Arrived!
Bring the following with you:
1. QR Code Confirmation (email printout, PDF via your phone, or ShowClix mobile app)
2. Valid, government-issued photo ID (i.e. Drivers License, Passport, Military ID, etc.)
3. If you are under 18, please bring your parent or legal guardian with you to pick up your badge. If you’re 13 and under, the adult present when you pick up your badge must also have purchased a badge and accompany you throughout the duration of the event.
IMPORTANT: Except for Child badges, each registered attendee must pick up their own badge.
Head to the appropriate badge pick-up area.
Wear a Mask. Your health and safety is the most important! All attendees will be required to wear approved face coverings, regardless of vaccination status, at all times unless in outdoor areas or actively drinking or eating.