Android Auto App Download : Get started with Android Auto Today
Android Auto brings apps to your car display so you can focus while you drive. You can control features like navigation, maps, calls, text messages, and music.
If your vehicle is not compatible with Android Auto on your car display, you can accomplish many of the same tasks using Google Assistant’s driving mode on your phone. To get more information about your car’s compatibility with Android Auto on your car display, contact your vehicle manufacturer.
Android Auto is your smart driving companion that helps you stay focused, connected and entertained with the Google Assistant. With a simplified interface, large buttons and powerful voice actions, Android Auto is designed to make it easier to use apps that you love from your phone while you’re on the road.
Just say “Ok Google” to…
• Route to your next destination using Google Maps or Waze with real-time GPS navigation and traffic alerts.
• Get updates on your route, ETA and hazards in real time.
• Get the Google Assistant to check your calendar for you so that you know where you need to be.
• Set reminders, get updates on the news and check last night’s score.
• Avoid distractions while driving by setting a customised do not disturb message.
• Make calls using Google Assistant and answer incoming calls with just a tap.
• Access your contacts folder and send and receive messages with the Google Assistant using SMS, Hangouts, WhatsApp, Skype, Telegram, WeChat, Kik, Google Allo and many more messaging apps.
• Manage your infotainment system like never before. Listen to your favourite media apps including Spotify, Gaana Music: Bollywood Songs & Radio, Saavn Music & Radio, Google Play Music, Amazon Music, Simple Radio – Free Live FM AM, Audible, jetAudio HD Music Player and TuneIn: FIFA Radio, Music, Sports & Podcasts. Many more music, radio, news, sports news, audiobook and podcast apps are also supported.
Get real-time alerts with Google Maps, Waze and more of your favourite mapping apps. Even ask Google Assistant to find petrol along the way, check EV charging availability or book a parking reservation for when you arrive. You can see it all on your car’s dashboard display, helping you know more about what’s nearby. Just say where to. And then go.
To use Android Auto, you’ll need a phone running Android 6.0 or higher and an active data connection.
Over 400 car models now support Android Auto. To find out if your car display is compatible and how to enable it, check your owner’s manual or contact your car’s manufacturer. Once enabled, use a high-quality USB cable to connect your phone to your car, then launch Android Auto to get going.
Android Auto on your car display (wireless)
- A compatible Android phone with an active data plan, 5 GHz Wi-Fi support, and the latest version of the Android Auto app. Wireless projection is compatible with these Android versions:
- Any phone with Android 11.0
- A Google or Samsung phone with Android 10.0
- A Samsung Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, or Note 8, with Android 9.0
- A compatible car or stereo.
- To find out if your phone has 5 GHz Wi-Fi support, contact your manufacturer.
- In the EU, to use 5 GHz Wi-Fi in the car, your smartphone must comply with additional regulatory requirements. On Google smartphones, Pixel 3 and newer models comply with this requirement.
- To find out if your specific car model is compatible with wireless Android Auto, contact your car manufacturer.
Keep in touch. All hands-free.
Your Google Assistant can read your messages out loud. And you can write back by talking. From making calls to using chat apps with just your voice, Android Auto makes driving less distracting.