American Flag Quotes Presidents :
In the United States, Flag Day is celebrated on June 14. It commemorates the adoption of the flag of the United States on June 14, 1777, by resolution of the Second Continental Congress. The Flag Resolution, passed on June 14, 1777, stated: “Resolved, That the flag of the thirteen United States be thirteen stripes, alternate red and white; that the union be thirteen stars, white in a blue field, representing a new constellation.
The United States Army also celebrates the U.S. Army birthday on this date; Congress adopted “the American continental army” after reaching a consensus position in the Committee of the Whole on June 14, 1775
- “The American flag is the symbol of our freedom, national pride and history.” Author: Mike Fitzpatrick
- There is not a thread in it but scorns self-indulgence, weakness and rapacity. ~Charles Evans Hughes
- Our flag honors those who have fought to protect it, and is a reminder of the sacrifice of our nation’s founders and heroes. As the ultimate icon of America’s storied history, the Stars and Stripes represents the very best of this nation. – Joe Barton
- Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it.” — Mark Twain
- “And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country.” — John F. Kennedy
- You’re the emblem of
The land I love.
The home of the free and the brave.
~George M. Cohan
- Off with your hat, as the flag goes by!
And let the heart have its say;
you’re man enough for a tear in your eye
that you will not wipe away.
~Henry Cuyler Bunner
- “We identify the flag with almost everything we hold dear on earth, peace, security, liberty, our family, our friends, our home… But when we look at our flag and behold it emblazoned with all our rights we must remember that it is equally a symbol of our duties. Every glory that we associate with it is the result of duty done.” — Calvin Coolidge
- “In the face of impossible odds, people who love this country can change it.” — Barack Obama
- “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” — Elmer Davis
The American flag is the most recognized symbol of freedom and democracy in the world. – Virginia Foxx