ally.com Activate your new card : How do I activate my Ally Bank debit card?
To activate your new Ally Bank Debit card, login into card.ally.com/Activate or call 1-833-414-4855 or +1-757-917-2559 if outside the U.S.
To activate Ally Bank debit card,
1. Visit the page https://card.ally.com/Activate/Activate.
2. Enter your Last name and Date of Birth.
3. Enter Last 4 digits of your SSN.
4. Now enter 16-digit credit card number and Card expiration date.
5. Finally click on Continue button to activate your card.
Make sure you have your card with you. You’ll also see this phone number listed on the sticker on your card. For security purposes, you need to call from the phone number Ally Bank have on file for you.
Ally Bank will prompt you to set a PIN if you are activating your card for the first time. When you finish, remove the activation sticker and sign the back of the card.
What if I forget my debit card PIN?
Call at 1-833-414-4855 (or +1-757-917-2559 if outside the U.S.) to reset or change your PIN using our automated system.
You’ll need to provide the last 4 digits of your debit card number and the debit card expiration date.
If you need further assistance, call Ally Customer Service at 1-877-247-2559.
To protect your account, you need to call from the phone number we have on file for you.
Will my Ally debit card have limits?
Yes. During the first 90 days, you can use your debit card to make up to $500 in purchases and ATM withdrawals a day. After 90 days, your daily spending limit will be $5000, and $1010 for an ATM withdrawal. If you have special circumstances and know you’ll exceed this amount, call us in advance at 1-877-247-2559 to set up a one-time, extended limit.
How do I set up alerts for my debit card?
Stay on top of your debit card activity by setting up custom push notifications.
- Log in to the Ally Mobile app and select Tasks
- Choose More Tasks
- Select Manage Debit Card and choose Notifications
How do I log in to my Ally Bank online account?
If you already have an Ally Bank online account with a username and password, you can log in to allybank.com from your computer. You can also log in to m.allybank.com from your mobile phone, or download our Mobile Banking app for iPhone® or Android™.
To get online access, open a new account online or call Customer Care Support at 1-877-247-2559 to get started.
If you’ve forgotten your Ally Bank username or if it’s blocked, simply call us 24/7 at 1-877-247-2559 to have it reset.
Go to the Forgot username or password? link at the bottom of the home page Login box and choose password to have your password hint emailed to you or to reset your password.
What’s a Security Code in Online Banking?
It’s a 6-digit code that you can ask us to send in a text message or email when you log in from a device we don’t recognize. The code can only be used once, and expires 20 minutes after it’s sent.
How long do Security Codes take to arrive?
It depends how the code was sent. If it was sent as an email, it may take a few minutes to arrive (remember to check your SPAM folder). If the code was sent as a text message, it normally will arrive within a few seconds. If it has not arrived yet, try sending it again. If you have set up another option to receive security codes you can try sending it to that email address or phone number.
How do I add money to my new account?
There are four ways to fund your new account:
- Online transfers: Log in to your account online at ally.com or on the Ally Mobile App. You can transfer money from another Ally account or an account you have at another institution. Select Transfers to get started.To add a new account from another institution, go to Transfers and select Other Accounts.
- Ally eCheck Deposit℠: You can deposit a check in the Ally Mobile App with your phone’s camera, or scan and submit an image of your check at ally.com.Make sure each check is properly endorsed with signatures of all payees. Also write For Mobile Deposit Only on the back.
- Wire transfer: If you would like to transfer funds from an account you have at another institution, log in to your account at ally.com, select Transfers and then Receive a Wire.
- Mail your check: Make sure each check is properly endorsed with signatures of all payees. Also write your account number and For Deposit Only on the back. Be sure to seal the envelope properly and mail it to us at:Ally Bank
P.O. Box 13625
Philadelphia, PA 19101-3625