Aetna Medicare Extra Benefits Card 2023 Login Activate
Aetna Medicare Extra Benefits Card 2023 plans will include a new, preloaded debit card with a quarterly allowance that can be used towards the purchase of over-the-counter (OTC) items
For 2023, Aetna is offering Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug (MAPD) plans in 46 states plus Washington, D.C. Aetna added 141 new counties across the country, providing 1 million more Medicare beneficiaries access to an Aetna plan. In total, Aetna will offer MAPD plans in 2,014 counties in 2023, accessible by 55 million Medicare beneficiaries.
Aetna Medicare Extra Benefits Card (new):
Aetna Medicare Extra Benefits Card 2023 plans will include a new, preloaded debit card with a quarterly allowance that can be used towards the purchase of over-the-counter (OTC) items and/or a combination of support services such as: healthy foods; utilities (including water, electricity, gas, phone and internet service); and transportation. The card can be swiped at thousands of participating retailers for OTC and healthy foods.
Aetna Medicare Payment Card:
Aetna is expanding this debit card to more plans and states and making it more convenient. Qualifying members will receive a quarterly allowance to use towards either out-of-pocket expenses for in-network care; approved OTC wellness items; or both. Members whose benefit includes an allowance for OTC items can buy a wide selection of items at any CVS Pharmacy® retail location or place orders online through OTC Health Solutions, a CVS Health company.
Aetna Medicare Advantage plans offer you a wide variety of benefits that go beyond Original Medicare — and help take care of the whole you.
In today’s fast-paced world of E-commerce and shifting consumer behavior, health plan members have come to expect the same expediency they experience with the largest global retailers. That’s why NationsOTC® advances consumerization of healthcare with the over-the-counter (OTC) benefit offering.
NationsOTC provides over-the-counter benefit administration services to health plans seeking an affordable, comprehensive solution in supplemental OTC services and product fulfillment.
The OTC benefit offers you an easy way to get generic over-the-counter health and wellness products. You can order them by phone at 1-833-331-1573 (TTY: 711) or online at cvs.com/otchs/myorder. You order from a list of approved OTC items in the catalog. Then OTCHS will mail them directly to your home address. You can also go to any OTCHS-enabled participating CVS Pharmacy® store to use your benefit, where available.
Aetna Medicare Card Activation:
1. Visit the page https://aetna.nationsbenefits.com/activate
2. Enter the 16 digit card number and expiration date of your Benefits Mastercard® Prepaid Card.
3. Enter your Date of Birth and Last Name provided to your health plan during enrollment.
4. Finally Click on the Activate Card Button.
5. If you need assistance please Call 877-204-1817 (TTY: 711)
CHECK YOUR BALANCE
You can check the balance on your OTC card at any time by:
- Calling 1‑888‑682‑2400. You will be asked to enter your OTC card number.
- Or by visiting www.otcmember.com. Once on the site, you will be asked to enter your OTC card number.
- Or by calling Member Services
How to use your OTCHS benefits in store:
1. Refer to your OTC catalog to identify items in the catalog you want to purchase. Only the items listed in your catalog are available through your plan. If an item with a blue label is not listed, you will not be able to select it.
2. Go to any select approved participating OTCHS enabled CVS Pharmacy®, CVS Pharmacy y más®, or Navarro® store.
IMPORTANT: Not all CVS stores participate in this benefit. To find your nearest location, go to cvs.com/otchs/myorder/storelocator or contact OTCHS at 1-833-331-1573 (TTY: 711).
3. Go to OTCHS section of the store (for stores with a dedicated section) to locate eligible products with blue signs. Or look for the blue labels identifying eligible approved products throughout the store.
Note: In-store prices may vary from those listed in this catalog. However, the prices listed in the catalog are what will be deducted from your benefit. Products with blue labels may be located in the dedicated OTCHS section or throughout the aisles in the store.
4. You can redeem your benefit at any register. To check out, inform the cashier you have an OTC benefit. Present your member ID insurance card or a valid ID to the cashier before the cashier begins to scan products. Your member ID card is used to verify eligibility, not as a payment.
Please note that the regular retail price in the store may vary. For prices that apply when you use your OTC benefits, please consult this catalog. Catalog prices cannot be combined with promotional offers or ExtraBucks® Rewards. Not all products will be carried in all CVS® OTCHS enabled stores.
Create additional brand affinity by featuring your logo on the portal, which offers:-
- Robust search options with the ability to filter, sort and search by category, pricing, wallet, and more
- Product recommendations based on individual needs
- Expandable product detail pages complete with 360-degree images
- Benefit tracking to see available dollars to spend on plan-approved products
- Order tracking with carrier details and frequent status updates
How does the card work?
Starting January 1, we load the card every quarter with $100. Members can use the card to pay for in-network copayments when visiting a primary care physician (PCP) office, a specialist office, and offices that perform certain other types of services.
If your office accepts Mastercard®, the member can swipe the card as a debit card (with or without a PIN) to pay the copayment amount. The member can pay the full amount in this way. Or, if your office allows the use of more than one payment method, the member can opt to pay a portion of the amount with the card and use a different payment method for the rest of the amount.
What if the card doesn’t work or is declined?
- Make sure the member is using the card only for a copayment.
- The card hasn’t been activated. The member can activate their card by calling the number on their activation sticker. That number is 1-877-261-9951 (TTY: 711). The member should call that number to activate the card and then try to pay again.
- The expense might not be considered eligible under the plan. The member should refer to their Explanation of Coverage (EOC) document.
Need help getting started?
If you have any questions, please call us at 877-439-2665(TTY: 711).
Member Experience Advisors are available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year. Language support services are available free of charge.