Aetna Food Card List 2023 : How Does a Healthy Food Card Work?
Your Aetna Healthy Food Card is handled through NationsBenefits. Just call them at 1-877-216-4108, and they’ll let you know if you’re eligible. You can use the card to buy a list of healthy food at local stores.
Aetna Food Card List 2023 :
Your card can help you make better food choices. You can use it to buy many kinds of foods that meet your nutritional needs. These include:
- Fresh or canned fruits and vegetables
- Frozen produce and meals
- Fresh salad kits
- Dairy products
- Meat and seafood
- Beans and legumes.
- Pantry staples, like flour, sugar, and spices.
- Healthy grains, like bread, cereals and pasta.
- Nutritional shakes and bars
- Water or vitamin-enriched water
Who’s eligible for a Healthy Food Card?
- Members with high-risk pregnancies
- Children experiencing obesity
- Members ages 17 to 26 who are aging out of foster care
How do I get my card?
Your Healthy Food Card is handled through NationsBenefits. Just call them at 1-877-216-4108, and they’ll let you know if you’re eligible. If so, they’ll mail you a card. It should arrive within seven to 10 business days.
1. Once deemed eligible, a member will receive a welcome packet in 2 – 3 weeks that includes a welcome letter and benefit card. The welcome packet will include activation instructions.
2. Next, members can use their card to shop for approved products at participating stores.
3. At checkout, members will just give their card to the clerk who will scan the barcode and apply their monthly allowance toward the purchase.
How does the Healthy Food Card work?
Once you get your card in the mail, be sure to sign the back and activate it. You can activate it in one of two ways:
- Online: Register for your account on the NationsBenefits member portal.
- By phone: Call 1-877-216-4108.
How much can I spend with the card?
Each month, we’ll add $50 to your card. You can use it to buy healthy groceries and save money.