Activate your new SDCCU Credit or Debit Card| sdccu.com/activate Card and Login
Your new SDCCU Visa card has an embedded microchip. The chip allows you to pay at merchants with chip cards readers. More importantly, it provides strong security and protection against fraud.
Why was my card replaced with a chip card?
SDCCU is proactively embracing this technology and making sure you can make payments domestically and abroad.
- We value your financial security. Your new card comes with advanced security because the chip technology makes it difficult for a fraudster to counterfeit your card.
- Although magnetic stripe cards continue to be the most common type of card in the U.S., many other countries, especially in Europe, have switched to chip cards. Giving you a new chip card is one way we can help simplify your purchase experience when you’re traveling domestically and abroad.
How to activate your new card
Activation is a security measure to prevent your card from being stolen out of the mail.
Activation will require you to validate information to ensure that you have received your SDCCU Cash Card. The card must be activated before you are able to use it.
Your SDCCU Cash Card can be activated by calling (855) 559-2663 or (954) 377-4496 outside the U.S. or at sdccu.com/prepaid.
How do I make a chip card transaction?
When making a transaction with your chip-enhanced card, you must leave the card in the terminal until the transaction is complete. (If you remove the card too soon, the transaction will end and your purchase will not be processed.)
- Insert the chip portion of the card into the terminal with the chip facing up
- Follow the prompts on the terminal’s screen
- The terminal will display the purchase amount
- When your purchase is approved, you will be prompted for your signature
- When your transaction is complete, you will be prompted to remove your card
Activate your new SDCCU chip-enhanced card at sdccu.com/activate.