Activate UAN EPF Member Portal : Login or Sign Up to Activate the Universal Account Number
Universal Account Number (UAN) is a 12 digit number allotted to each subscriber by linking it to the member’s currently active PF account number (from 31/07/2014 to 30/11/2016). From 12/2016 any new member has to be allotted a Universal Account Number linked to the establishment’s code number.
The number is allotted by EPFO on the request of the Employer and populated in the Employer’s login in the unified portal www.unifiedportal-emp.epfindia.gov.in. The UAN can also be generated by any individual using his/her aadhaar if his UAN is not already generated.
Universal Account Number or UAN is one of the essential details that the employees need to keep track of. This number helps them to know anything about their PF fund, to transfer their fund from one company to another, and even to withdraw their funds from their PF account.
– What are the advantages of having a UAN?
Ans : Once the member has activated his/her UAN on the unified portal he can enjoy the following benefits: Download/Print your Updated Passbook anytime. Download/ Print your UAN Card. List all your Member IDs to UAN. File online transfer claim on OTCP Update your KYC information.
- UAN has twelve digits in it, and the number itself remains unique all through the career life.
- While shifting from one job to the other under different employers, all that changes is the PF number and not the UAN number.
Activate the Universal Account Number
For UAN activation, you need to carefully follow specific steps which will allow you to share your PF account details with different employers.
Here are the details about the UAN activation process.
1) You have to first pay a visit to the Unified portal of the official EPFO site.
2) From there, you need to visit the member interface and access the page.
3) Once done, you need to click on the tab that says: ‘ACTIVATE UAN.’
4) After that, you need to enter the details has been asked. These details can be found on the EPFO records.
5) You can also find these details on your salary slip of any company.
6) After that, you have to mention your member ID, which you can ask from your employer.
7) After entering the email ID, and other KYC details like the Aadhar and PAN number, you have to need to enter the birth date details and the registered mobile number.
8) You will get the OTP which will you need to mention there. After this, the request will be processed.
9) You will be then given information regarding your own UAN account, and then, you can log in to your account.
Who can be member of EPFO?
Ans : A person who is employed for wages in any kind of work, manual or otherwise, in or in, connection with the work of a establishment covered under the Employees’ Provident Funds & Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952, and who gets his wages directly or indirectly from the employer, and includes any person employed by or through a contractor in or in connection with the work of the establishment.
EPF Scheme 1952
- Accumulation plus interest upon retirement and death
- Partial withdrawals allowed for education, marriage, illness and house construction
- Housing Scheme for EPFO Members to achieve Hon’ble Prime Minister’s Vision of housing to all Indians by 2022
Pension Scheme 1995 (EPS)
- Monthly benefit for superannuation/retirement, disability, survivor, widow(er) and children
- Minimum pension on disablement
- Past service benefit to participants of erstwhile Family Pension Scheme, 1971
Insurance Scheme 1976 (EDLI)
- Benefit provided in case of death of an employee who was a member of the scheme at the time of death
- Benefit amount 20 times of the wages. Maximum benefit of 6 lakh.