Activate or Deactivate a Timed Device in Any Creative Match
Use this device for game modes where players can start or stop timers to advance gameplay objectives such as Attack/Defend Bomb objectives.
FINDING AND PLACING THE DEVICE
- From Build mode, press the Tab key to open the Creative inventory window.
- Click the Devices tab and scroll to select the device. You can also use the Search box or the Categories panel on the left to find your device.
- Click PLACE NOW to place immediately, or put the device in the QUICK BAR to place later.
- Press Esc to return to your island in Build mode. Use your phone to position the device, then left-click to place it. Press Esc to detach the device from your phone.
- Point at the device with your phone. If the Customize popup doesn’t open immediately, move closer until it does, then press E to open the Customize panel.
When the device is placed, any player can enable or disable it. It is in its holographic state until initially started, then will appear and count down. Any team can pause the timer and interact with it. The timer will appear on the HUD.
Default values are bold.
|Time||10 Seconds, Pick a time||Sets the length of the timer for the objective.|
|Start Score||None, Pick a score||Sets the amount of score awarded for successfully starting an unstarted timer.|
|Stop Score||None, Pick a score||Sets the amount of score to be awarded for successfully stopping an active timer.|
|Completed Score||None, Pick a score||Sets the amount of score to be awarded when the timer is complete.|
A channel is identified by a number, and channel numbers are customized for a device under the option that uses the channel. Most devices will also pass the identity of the player who triggered the device with the signal.
This device has receivers that perform a variety of functions when receiving a signal over a channel. Also, this device can transmit signals when certain conditions are met.
Receivers listen for a channel and perform an action when they hear any device (including themselves) send a signal on that channel.