Activate Best Buy Credit Card and Login
You can join now on BestBuy.com by creating an account. You can also join My Best Buy in any Best Buy store. My Best Buy is free to join and there’s no ongoing membership fee. You begin getting points for qualifying purchases as soon as you join the program. They become usable 15 days from purchase or time of shipment.
My Best Buy is open to individual U.S. (50 states, D.C. and Puerto Rico) residents at least 13 years of age who provide and maintain a valid email address. If you are between 13 years of age and the age of majority (18 or 19 years old, depending on your state) you must obtain permission from your parent or legal guardian before signing up for the program.
You can find your member ID on your membership card, on your My Best Buy Credit Card, or on the Account Home page of your BestBuy.com account.
How do I qualify for My Best Buy Elite or Elite Plus?
Elite status is automatically awarded when you spend $1,500 or more on qualifying purchases at Best Buy and BestBuy.com in a calendar year, or $1,500 or more in total anywhere on the My Best Buy Visa.
Elite Plus status is automatically awarded when you spend $3,500 or more on qualifying purchases at Best Buy and BestBuy.com in a calendar year, or $3,500 or more in total anywhere on the My Best Buy Visa.
Activate Best Buy Credit Card
Please Verify Your Card Information
Before you can start enjoying all the benefits of your online account, you must first verify your information below. Just complete all the fields to proceed.
1. Please enter the Best Buy Credit Card number printed on the card for Activation.
2. Enter the Name as it Appears on Your Card.
3. Enter the Security Code printed on the back side of the card.
4. Now Please enter the Last 4 Digits of the Primary Cardholder’s SSN.
5. Click on Verify and the card will be activated in due time.
Where can I get My Best Buy points?
You can get points on qualifying purchases made in the following locations: Best Buy stores, BestBuy.com, Best Buy Mobile specialty stores, and Magnolia Design Centers
If you are a My Best Buy Visa Cardmember, you will also get points on nearly every purchase made at Best Buy and wherever Visa is accepted.
How do I report missing points if I forgot to show my membership card?
You can report a missing purchase online, or call 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289).
Can my family or friends use my membership so I’ll get the points?
No. Memberships are not transferable and are only valid for use by the person who joined the program.
Can members receive points for the purchase of Apple and Beats products?
Yes, if they purchase on standard credit with the My Best Buy Credit Card. Otherwise, members will not receive points for such purchases.
How do I get points for a BestBuy.com purchase?
Simply sign in to your BestBuy.com account prior to placing your order.
How do I get credit for a missing Best Buy purchase?
You can either report a missing purchase online or call 1-888-BEST BUY.
Points will post to your account approximately 15 days after purchase.
Why didn’t I get points?
There are a few reasons you may not be seeing points in your account:
- Points may still be pending; it takes about 15 days from the purchase date or shipping date for points to be posted to your account
- You may have chosen the financing option instead of points when you used your My Best Buy Credit Card
- Some products and payments are not eligible for points
The following purchases are not eligible for points:
- Purchases made for resale
- Purchases paid for with a reward certificate or Best Buy gift card
- Certain charges and fees, including sales tax, state fees, service charges and other charges
- Commercial purchases
- Payments made on your My Best Buy Credit Card
- Apple and Beats products and Apple services not purchased on standard credit with the Best Buy Credit Card
- Thermador products