Activate and Register Tableau Server: Steps to Activate the Tableau Server
Tableau Server requires at least one product key that both activates the server and specifies the number of license levels you can assign to users. You can access your product keys from the Customer Portal.
If you need to activate Tableau Server on a computer that is offline, see Activate Tableau Server Offline – Adding a License. If you need to activate additional product keys to add capacity to an existing Tableau Server installation, see Add Capacity to Tableau Server.
Before proceeding with the procedures in this topic, complete the following prerequisites as outlined in Install and Configure Tableau Server:
- Install TSM
- TSM uses port 8850. If you are running a local firewall, open port 8850.
- Configure Product Key Operations with Forward Proxy
- Use the TSM web interface
- Use the TSM CLI
- If the computer where you are installing Tableau Server has been configured to connect to the internet through a forward proxy, follow the procedure in the topic, Configure Product Key Operations with Forward Proxy, before continuing.
- Sign in to Tableau Services Manager Web UI.
The account you use must have administrative privileges on the computer where TSM is installed.
- On the Activate page, Enter or paste your product key and click Activate Product Key.
After your product key is activated, it appears under Activated Product Keys.
- To activate another product key, enter the new product key, and then click Activate Product Key. After your product key is activated, it appears under Activated Product Keys.
- When you’re finished activating product keys, click Next.
Note: If the product keys you have activated don’t have the necessary capacity, such as not enough cores or only a Viewer role product key, Tableau Services Manager displays the Insufficient licenses applied dialog box. Click Activate Another Product Key to add another product key and increase capacity on your Tableau Server installation.
- On the Register page, enter your information into the fields and click Register.
If you have a product key for Add-on license, you must activate that product key to be able to use the features included in each Add-on. Product keys for add-on licenses should only be activated after at least one capacity product key has been activated on the server.