Due to the fact that ICS will be such a huge jump, we’ve not stopped to think about what Google will name the next Android version. If we follow the tradition, it should be a dessert starting with the letter J. We’ve heard a few assumptions, like “Jello,” but according to Thisismynext’s sources, it will be called “Jelly Bean.”
It’s still unknown what number will come attached with it. That’s not surprising, as we don’t even have confirmation that ICS will actually be Android 4.0. This continues to be a rumor, and we probably won’t know much about Android “Jelly Bean” for a while.
The same sources also mentioned that “Jelly Bean” will actually include some “game-changing stuff” that was originally meant for ICS. It is still unknown what these features will include, but we hope Ice Cream Sandwich was not stripped down too much.
Feature Android 5.0 Jelly Bean
• a full Google Chrome Browser
• being able to switch between Landscape mode and Portrait mode on the main home screen
• an integrated file manager
• a better keyboard without having to change between characters
• multiple device compatibility
• if Android Jelly Bean would require a lot of power, a light version of it for under-powered devices
• lock screen widgets
• a better power efficiency management theme integrated within the UI