In current system, in order to find out the location of friends, user need to call and
ask friend about his where abouts. The proposed system will help user to find out friends
locations as well as the distance from user’s location. The proposed system will also allow
user to see all friends on Google map as well.
The application “Friend Locator on Mobiles” solves all these problems. It offers below
1. Allows user to select friend for his location updates.
2. Uploads user’s current location at specific frequency.
3. Get friends current location
4. Shows friends location on Google Map.
5. Shows distance in kilometers for friends away from user
- Android Google API.
• GPS (for getting user’s current location)
• GPRS (for internet connectivity between mobile and server)
- WCF: (Windows communication Foundation) REST service.
REST: (Representational State Transfer protocol)
Mobile which has below features (The app can also run on emulator)
- a. GPS
c. Android phone
- a. Android SDK 1.5 or above.
b. Eclipse IDE
c. VS 2008
d. SQL Server 2000 or above
Related Projects : SMS Based Mobile Banking with Security ,SMS Based Student Intimation ,Social Networking With Advertisement ,Software Project Management ,SPAF: Stateless FSA-based Packet Filters ,Staying Connected in a Mobile Healthcare System ,Stealthy Attacks In Wireless Ad Hoc Networks ,Steganography In Audio Files ,Tanrox Work Force ,Text Encryption And Decryption ,Twitter Client For Android Based Smart Phone ,VAS for Hand Held Device ,Virtual Office Management ,Virtual Router Using Destination-Sequenced Distance Vector ,Voyage Management ,Web Enabled Automated Manufacturing System ,Web Alerts ,Web Blossom Bazzar ,Wireless Health Care System ,World Recipe ,Zeppelin Reservation