Dumb Signs system using Speech Communication
Published on Nov 19, 2018
Education essentially includes the process of encouraging, strengthening, and guiding the faculties, whether of mind or body, so as to make them fit and ready instruments for the work they have to do; and, where the need exists, it must include, moreover, the awakening for the first time into activity and usefulness of some faculty which, but for the awakening, might remain forever dormant.
As regards intellectual development, the deaf individual is the most handicapped of the afflicted class. The term "deaf and dumb", so frequently applied to that class of individuals who neither hear nor speak, is becoming obsolete among the educators of the deaf, as it implies a radical defect in both the auditory and the vocal organism.
Persons who are born deaf, or who lose their hearing at a very early age, are unable to speak, although their vocal organs may be unimpaired. They become dumb because, being deprived of hearing, they are unable to imitate the sounds which constitute speech.
To correct the error involved in the term dumb, it is customary to speak of human beings who do not hear and speak as deafmutes, a term which implies that they are silent, but not necessarily incapable of speaking. Brute animals that are deaf, are deaf and dumb; the little child, before it has learned to speak, is mute, but not dumb. There are found individuals who can hear, but cannot speak.
This System having two different modules,
1) Hand Action Reader Module
2) Speech Communication unit
This System will Tracking the Room Direction, Object Type and Direction and Moving Human Object Sensing Unit.
1) Always the IR will transmit the ID pulse to straight direction. Whenever the IR will receive the ID of each object then the Microcontroller will receive the ID and decode the pulse.
2) The Each Decoded pulse will select the speech Data from RAM of Speech IC.
3) PIR will detect the Human based object with in 2 meter or 1meter distance.
4) RF-ID is used to receive the room number then select the Speech data through Speech driver