Dear Guest, Please Register to Download Free Seminar Reports and PPT of each topic. The Download link will be visible only after the registration.Please search the topic before posting.

Please click the Facebook Like Button if you are satisfied

Subscribe To Get Latest Seminar Reports and PPT

Receive all seminar updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Custom Search

Huge Collection of Computer Science Seminar Topics, Reports and PPT.

Postby praveen545 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:01 am

Please send me all the documents and ppt of the seminar topic "self defending networks" soon..
Thank you....

Postby Prasanth » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:28 pm

The Self Defending Networks have enough intelligence to identify threats and to treat the security breaches by recoganising the limit or extend of damage done. This is by encorporating the required intelligence into its routers and switches and by making use of specific zones, which treats the affected user accordingly.

The Self Defending networks make use of a quarantine zone. Any user who is restricted acssess to the network enters the quarantine zone and depending on the quarantine zone handles the culprit according to the type and nature of his access breach. There are two ways in which the quarentine zone treats the culprits:

i. Either it can treat the access breach by denying total network access to the user.
ii. Or it may offer limited services and not cutting him out totally. Those users who are restricted access to the network are given the option of downloading the latest version of the anti-virus software/s currently available.

For example, suppose an unsuspecting person uses an infected laptop to try and login to his company’s website. Here the SDN not only informs the user that his system is infected , but also gives him the option of downloading the latest version of the required software inorder to protect his system from such similar attacks in future.

Thus, the SDN prevents the entry of viruses and worms by keeping a clear end point.i.e prevents external attacks.Now in case of an internal attack,.i.e if ever a system or network does manage to get into an SDN, the SDN prevents spread of the virus to other systems by identifying the infected systems and preventing all communication between these and the uninfected ones.

Tags :Self Defending Networks Seminar Topics,self defending networks pdf, self defending networks wiki, self defending networks ppt, self defending networks seminar report, core elements of the cisco self, defending network strategy
You do not have the required permissions to download the files attached to this post. You must LOGIN or REGISTER to download these files.
Site Admin

Return to Computer Science Seminar Topics